Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing ECO in netlist timing closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
timing eco

In netlist timing closure period, ASIC designers have to do a lot of timing ECOs
according to timing violations report file. Timing ECO process is to fix setup or hold timing violations without changing RTL functions.
It can be inserting buffers inverts or increasing/decreasing cells drive strength or duplicating the heavy fanout cells to off-load fanouts.
But the timing violations report file normally gives hundreds thousands of violated paths and manually fixing even one path takes long time. Making things more complicated is a lot of paths have a lot shared cells in sub-paths.

New release of GOF v2.095 can handle timing ECO efficiently. It can parse synopsys PrimeTIme timing violation report file. And feed violated paths into GOF ECO flow automatically. Users have very clear view of the violated path connectivity and relation with other paths in a schematic.
Check one example of Timing ECO
https://www.nandigits.com/timingeco.htm

Nandy
www.nandigits.com
Netlist Debug/ECO in GUI mode.

primetime eco flow

timing verification and timing closure is current task of me. the EDA tool you proposed seems good for ASIC design.
could you release evaluation version for demo and trial?

regards
cheelgo

primetime timing violation eco

The current release version is free for evaluation and educational usage. Go ahead and download it.

Let me know if I can help.

Nandy
www.nandigits.com
Netlist Debug/ECO in GUI mode

parse timing report

Nandy said:
The current release version is free for evaluation and educational usage. Go ahead and download it.

Let me know if I can help.

Nandy
www.nandigits.com

Hi .

where can find the PDF format of user manua for this tool?
Plz help !

have a nice day !l

Hi GoodMan,

We are very sorry. There is no PDF format manual yet. We will work on PDF version manual soon.
Currently you can surf web pages
https://www.nandigits.com/products.htm
Would you like to tell me your use case? I am very pleased to see GOF can help on your project.

Best Regards.

Nandy
www.nandigits.com

Is there violation fast lookup function to read detail of the path in report file? Don't like to open the report file to read detail.

Yes. I will add a report file browser button in next release. When press it, pop up a window to display the detail information defined by Start-Point and Endpoint user selected.

Thanks.

Nandy
www.nandigits.com

New Release of GOF V2.097 with the following features
1. Integrate a parser for Synopsys Primetime Timing Report file.
2. Detect bottlenecks from timing report file.
3. Import related violated paths into Partial Schematic.
4. Visually isolating bottleneck on the schematic.
5. Users can control to draw schematic of violated paths by defining Start-Point, Through-Point and End-Point.
6. Wild card support to match Start/Through/End points.
7. Interactive with build-in ECO engine to fix the violated paths.
Check Timing ECO example
https://www.nandigits.com/timing_eco.htm

Nandy
www.nandigits.com
Netlist Debug/ECO in GUI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back