Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Timing difference from pre-Place to Place DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaytronic

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to physical design world. I have some concern regarding the preplace timing & timing after placement. My timing were completely clean before pre-place stage - which shows perfectness of timing constains. After placement, the timing got very worse. (WNS is more than around -200 ns and violation path are more than 60k.) I have checked these violation, almost violation are coming in scan chain path.

I would like to know what got wrong in my placement. How to improve the scan-chain path timing?
BTW just to add, I am working on multi-power domain chip and floorplan cannot be changed.

Please share your experience. Also share if you have any idea to overcome of this issue.

Thanks,
Ajay

Scan-chains can be rewired (remove scan chain before placement & re-insert them after placement).
This makes the scan-chains follow a shorter path instead of crossing each other.
Look for "scan-chain removal" documentation for details.

Best regards,
I-FAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back