Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing Point on high speeed (500MHz) signal trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmittal

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I want to put some testing point on some of the high speed signal trace (500 MHz ). I don't want to connect header pins in between of the traces because that's going to effect the signal strength, So I was just wondering is there a better way or any recommendation so I can insert testing points on these 500 MHz signal trace.

Thanks in advance

Gaurav

If the traces are on the outside of the board, look at a new technology from Agilent called Bead Probes. You have to get a license from Agilent to use this technology, but I do believe it is a no cost license. Here is a link to some documents that can explain it better than I can: Agilent Bead Probes

Thanks for your reply but the thing is that all these signals are routed on internal layers due to impedance requirement and trace width constraint.
The IC's used belongs to the BGA family . So I cannot place these Bead probe on the fanout either.

Is there any other way ?

Thanks

You could probe the vias that come off of your fanout. What is the pitch on your BGA?

The pitch of the BGA is 1 mm . Can I directly put the probes on these vias to capture the waveform on the oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back