Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tester for PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiszEchah

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a tester for PIC16F877A..I need a help coz I didnt get the idea yet..any idea to design this tester?

What aspects of the device are you required to test?

Are the tests environmental as well as operational?

BigDog

I have to test whether the PIC16F877A is working or not. Before we used it we test it, it is okay or not.
Yes, the tests environmental as well as operational..

the test is for a specific program or you test the IC is good or not?

just want to test the IC is good or not..that's all..can you give me a little bit idea..

to test the IC if it good.

you just need a programmer. To test if can be written.

And also you can wirte a simple program to check the I/O with leds.

I still don't get it, so i just write a simple program then i run it?

I have to test whether the PIC16F877A is working or not. Before we used it we test it, it is okay or not.
Yes, the tests environmental as well as operational..

To fully test the device operationally, you should test each peripheral module, ADC, USART, Timers, Comparators, etc.

A test "jig" board which can provide various analog and digital stimuli combined with test results transmitted through a serial connection to a monitoring PC is an option.

The devices program can be designed to manipulate the various stimuli inputs recording the results as the test progresses.

Environmental testing requires subjecting the device to both its stated temperature range and operational voltage range while running the above tests.

This is usually performed with a test "jig" board which can be mounted in an environmental chamber where temperature and humidity can be precisely controlled.

However, you'll most likely need to utilize a freezer and oven which provide adequate control over the temperature levels.

It all depends on how well you need to test the device and compare your findings to the devices datasheet.

BigDog

Oic..Ok thanks for the details explanation. I'll get thru the experiment then I'll ask u again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.