Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T610 or T630 as SMS controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugenesiew

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
t610 at command

hi all

i have seen many topics discussed in this forum using super old model of hp for sms controller. Unfortunately i have spend my last whole month trying to obtain those super old models like ericssonT10s, T18s, 688, or siemens C25/S25 and the result was miserable.... most of the shops in my country said that those models have long be gone... recently i bought a T10s from the internet and it couldnt work at all... wasted quite a sum of money there...

i source some website which was found using the T10s as sms controller, the only main two pins tapped out were the RX and TX or also known as the data in and data out pins. hence i thought it would be theorectically possible to build one using other sony ercisson model as long as they support AT commands and have the data in and data out pins (RX and TX)...

Has anyone has tried building a sms controller (simple one, just to turn on/off 4 LEDs) using either the sony ericsson T610 or T630?

i understand that both of the above mention models supports SMS in both text mode and PDU mode.

can anyone please confirm whether it is possible to implement before i get one and try it out? do send it any related useful website using the T610 and T630 as a sms controller...

lastly, between T610 and T630, are there any difference in implementing? or in lame men terms, which is easier to be implemented? i guess they are the same since they were manufactured almost about the similar time... anyway, do give your opinions, they are very much needed

thanks!

sony ericsson t630 digram circuit

i did this using t290i....t230 does not support text mode .so t290i is best for this

cnmi sms directly to terminal t610

thanks for the reply... you did this based on any website or you design the circuit yourself? isn't t610 newer than t290i? theorectically is should be able to be done too right? what's your point of view? cause only t610 and t630 are only available at my region...thanks!

t630 setting baudrate

They are basically the same, personally I prefer T630 which is newer firmware.

The same I mean that a T610 can be upgrated to T630 only by firmware. certainly you will not get the same screen quality since the display is different (newer) but the T630 is an upgrate of the nice T610.

They both use PDU mode only, so you have to use PDU SMS format.

sms controller ericsion

platonas, so you have tried sms controller with T630?

t630 rs232 baud rate

eugenesiew said:
thanks for the reply... you did this based on any website or you design the circuit yourself? isn't t610 newer than t290i? theorectically is should be able to be done too right? what's your point of view? cause only t610 and t630 are only available at my region...thanks!
no i did not copied from anywhere..r u going to buy new cellphone??
i will recommend u to get a second hand set...and at the that time check if it supports
text mode or not!! u can check it by entering command AT+CMGF=1
if u get error then ur cell only support PDU mode....and i tell u PDU mode if quite difficult to work with:|:|:| while text mode will save lot of ur time and energy:D:D:D:D:D

t630 baud rate

abbas1707

ok i will check it.. thought of getting a new one... it cost RM300 / 80USD while the second hand costs RM 150 / 40USD, the problem is that the 2nd hp looks spoil. anyhow, i will check the whether it supprts sms text mode... thanks again... will need your guidance on using this newer t series of sony ericsson hp as a sms controller as no one else seem to have done it... thanks again!

t630 rs232

dear all i had use the cell phone DUBAO768 the china product for sms comtroler it like T290i too !!

outpin t610

hi there.
i have also tried to make a similar project to send sms through microcontroller.
i used t-290i from sony ericsson.
if u r using t-630 u r wasting ur time. better use t-610.
actually u need a mobile which is auto baud rate set.. means it is compatable to the baud rate of microcontroller... so proferrly use t-290i,,, no problem is using this mobile.

ericsson sms controller

i just bought T630 la... the previous post said that t630 is newer and better? why do you say i would be wasting my time?? i really need all you experts out there... cause havent tried this before.. thanks!

at
OK
at+cmgf=?
+CMGF: (0,1)

OK
at+cmgf=1
OK

response from hyperterminal... it shows that it can support sms in text mode... but then the at command online reference from sony ericsson itself only says it has pdu mode... weird huh? but some other people had told me that it may support sms in text mode... anyone here able to suggest? thanks again

sms command in t290i

eugenesiew said:
i just bought T630 la... the previous post said that t630 is newer and better? why do you say i would be wasting my time?? i really need all you experts out there... cause havent tried this before.. thanks!

at
OK
at+cmgf=?
+CMGF: (0,1)

OK
at+cmgf=1
OK

response from hyperterminal... it shows that it can support sms in text mode... but then the at command online reference from sony ericsson itself only says it has pdu mode... weird huh? but some other people had told me that it may support sms in text mode... anyone here able to suggest? thanks again

if u got that output........then it clearly shows T630 supports text mode,,,,, but what about auto baud rate detect:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

hex sms controller

abbas1707 said:
if u got that output........then it clearly shows T630 supports text mode,,,,, but what about auto baud rate detect:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

how do i check the auto baud rate detect? have no idea... reading through the complete at command half way only.. 400 over pages...

decoding cmgf

here is something i found at page16 in AT commands manual

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Entering a set command
The standard format for entering a set command is:
AT<command>=<parameters><CR>
where AT Notifies the built-in modem that a command is being entered.
<command> The name of the command being entered.
<parameters> The values to be used by the command.
<CR> All command lines are terminated by pressing the <CR> (Return or Enter) key.
Note: All command lines are completed by pressing the <CR> key on the computer keyboard. For the
remainder of this manual, appropriate use of the <CR> key is assumed.
To set the built-in modem to operate with autobaud over an asynchronous connection, the command line
would be:

AT+CBST=0,0,1
However, the commands also have default settings. These are values that are assumed to have been
entered when no actual value is placed in the command line.
For example, the above command can be entered as:
AT+CBST=,,1
The default values used by the commands are indicated by bold text in the following descriptions.
When the parameter is a character string (for example “<name>”) then the value should be entered
between quotes: for example “Peter”.
Optional parameters are shown in square brackets: for example [<value>].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:idea::idea::idea::idea:

t610 sms at

From the AT command manual
"The information here is not relevant for the day to day peration of the phone… "

does that mean that by connecting the phone to hyper terminal daily will spoil the t630?

can anyone explain the following meaning... i dont seem to be able to understand them fully

1. Some AT commands are not relevant to the built in modem operations or can only be set to one parameter value.

2. switching back to offline command mode by Pulling DTR low (not available when using cable)

3. what is the significance of the online command mode, offline command mode, online data mode for the t630 as a sms controller?

4. the sms text mode is not in the AT command online reference suppiled by sony ericsson... does anyone have them? or where should i get them?

5 ohyea, i still dont understand the baud rate thingy. what has that got to do witn?

thanks!

how to delete sms me at commands t630

ohyea, i manage to send and receive sms using the PDU format... however, receiving sms does seem to have some limitation... that is the length of the decoded message can only be up to 14 characters (including spaces). why is so?

and oh yea, using the sms text mode... only has the advantage in sending sms? cause when received sms in hyperterminal, it's still in hex and requires decoding.. .someone correct me if i am wrong... but i feel that the only advatage of sms text mode is only for sending as shown below...

AT
OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CMGW="+85291234567"
> A simple demo of SMS text messaging.
+CMGW: 1

OK
AT+CMSS=1
+CMSS: 20

OK

overhere one does not need to decode the hex language before sending and directly uses human readable language... correct?

thanks again!

saving at+cnmi in memory t630

wrong man!!!!!!!!!!!!
did u try reading a message in hyper terminal using text mode?????????????????????????????????????
it gives ascii chars not hex codes when u read in text mode...............................
and for sending u can only use
at+cmgs="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>hi ctrl-z

Added after 9 minutes:

:idea::idea:

t610 sms text mode

1) if i use at+cnmi=2,3,0,0,0 to indicate new message and send them to hyper terminal... the message received was in hex code....

if i used the at+cmgr=<index>
i can get the ascii code...
where index is the ME memory storage number.

2) if T630 is set in text mode, at+cmgl=<index> results in error, why is it so?

3) Sending SMS in text mode results in some extra appearance of funny symbols in the text... have you experience this?
example, "tesŎ Ŏting" when the word "testing" is only send from the computer..

4) what about the baud rate thingy? how does it affect the t630 sms controller?

5) what is the purpose of creating an interface between the computer and the handphone? i thought the hp is directly connected to the controller... and the controller is a stand alone type... no terminal equipment such as the computer is needed(based on the examples i saw so far)...

6) now that i have learn to send and receive sms, delete sms using at commands, please advise on my next step...?

thanks!

sony ericsson t610 at+cmgs?

i used t630 previously in my project... this mobile is fit for using with computer..works fine when u send sms through hyper terminal... but when u will use it with microcontroller it will not work any more...
u must try t610 or atleast t290..... if u wanna connect it with microcontroller... but if u only wanna attach it with computer its fine... to work with t630

save in memory cnmi value t630

I did it with t290.

save at+cnmi parameter in se memory t630

itsfanidotcom

"actually u need a mobile which is auto baud rate set.. means it is compatable to the baud rate of microcontroller... "

erm... what do you mean by auto baud rate set...? i only have the T630 in my region, search high and low for t290 and t610, but none already... the controller i shall be using will be the PIC16F877A... cause i read that t610 and t630 are the same... only thing is that its firmware has been upgraded and its color screen has been improved to 65k tft... sorry to repeat this matter again... then have you tried it with the t610? thanks!
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.