Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T610 or T630 as SMS controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
save at+cnmi value at commands y630

u can only confirm baud rate problem by applying ur cell phone with controller circuit. actually i never used T630 so cant say much..
and i never saw the funny characters as u r saying "tesŎ Ŏting"... have u confirmed it?????
and after completing basic commands u write code for ur controller...i recommend u to proceed step by step...mean first try only " to send msg from ur controller to some other cellphone".... and code is not difficult ... u just have to transmit some strings serially......i u have doubts then ask ,, i will be there to help u :) :)

t610i rs232 baudrate

yes, i can confirm that the weird characters do appear, 8 out of 10 times i tried sending sms using text mode, the funny symbols appear... also, i have a problem, i dont know how to connect the circuit with my controller, currently i am still investigating to connect T630 with PIC16F877A by means of RS 232.. ohyea, by the way, just to ask anyone outhere, is the data cable for T290i and T630 the same? thanks!

at text mode sms t610

:|:|
they r same:D:D

t630 pinout

ohyea, i found out the reason for the funny symbols, that's because i backspace when i miss type a character, if i did not use the backspace, the character sent perfectly well. OK, i will be working on interfacing the PIC with T630. Actually, since i have the data cable, can i just tapped out pin 4 and 5 and connect it to the PIC? the data cable has its maxim 232 in it already... doesn't it? thanks!

sms controller, with a t290i mobile phone

no dear. datacable have built in Max232 but...u cant connect data cable directly to pic ....some level conversion is needed i.e u must have to put ma232 in between ur pic and data cable:|:|:|

sony ericsson 290i to microcontroller

i dont understand the circuit diagram you post... why is there USB thing? what is that? and the picture you uploaded, it's directly from the pinout of the ericsson... not the data cable... forgive me if i am new to these kind of stuff... thanks!

se t610 sms text mode

i just posted them to show that data cables are same for T390 and T630. do u have data cable?? if u have then u need not worry about these things (USB..etc shown in above picture) . :):):)

connect t630

yes i have, then what about the connection between the data cable to the PIC using max232? most of the sms controller just tapped the RX and TX pins directly into ports of the controller. do you have the circuit diagram for that? btw, my data cable is the serial type... i manage to get them... not usb type... suppose to be better right? serial type? cause i understand that USB is not that stable... thanks!

concerning the baud rate thing,
at+cbst?
+CBST: 0,0,1

at+cbst=?
+CBST: (0,4,6-7,12,14-16,68,70-71,75,79-83),(0),(1)

what significance has this in the sms controller?[/img]

problem with at cnmi command using ericsson t630

Hi..

Im Using both an T610 and T630 with an DRS-10 calbe i have connected it like this:

Phone-->DRS-10-->Crossed RS232 cable--->STK500

Hope that helps

sonyericsson sms at+cmgs,cmss

Finally, The nightmare is over, i have completed my project! :) thanks to those who really help out...

sony t630 support at command

Hi members..I am new stuff...

anyone can upload circuit diagram for that you discuss above, handphone direct send message to T610/T630 without any cable and will coded in PIC16F877A, just display at LCD the message...help me....

at command reference of sony ericsson t630

Good morning ..

eugenesiew & abbas1707 .. are you there ?!

I'm working in a project which is similar to your project eugenesiew .. and I have problems in understaing somethings ..

Please Please , I need your help ..

replay , if are here and ready to help me ..

how to send sms at command sony ericsson cmss

can i connect the rx and tx lines directly to the controller? (im using a pic24 which is 3.3V). is there a need for those other pins of the phone to be connected anywhere?

t630 at commands

you cannot connect your mobile directly to the microcontroller. you may harm your mobile in this way. you must use a voltage logic converter for this purpose. the most popularly used is a TTL to RS232 level converter named "MAX232" it is a small ic and is used in between your mobile and microcontroller. you can search about this on google.

this topic is also discussed many times in this site. you can search " interfacing mobile with microcontroller" on this site as well as on google.com for more help.

if you found this helpful . plz click helped me button.

at command to set baud rate of t290i

eugenesiew said:
i just bought T630 la... the previous post said that t630 is newer and better? why do you say i would be wasting my time?? i really need all you experts out there... cause havent tried this before.. thanks!

at
OK
at+cmgf=?
+CMGF: (0,1)

OK
at+cmgf=1
OK

response from hyperterminal... it shows that it can support sms in text mode... but then the at command online reference from sony ericsson itself only says it has pdu mode... weird huh? but some other people had told me that it may support sms in text mode... anyone here able to suggest? thanks again

Greetings

I did, with the T290/T237, both similars...

If you get

OK
at+cmgf=?
+CMGF: (0,1) <<<<<--- possible modes

using the at+cmgf=? at command, the phone is able to be in text mode (1) or pdu mode (0)

the answer to the

at+cmgf=1
OK

was OK, it means, the phone is now in text mode. But, remember, each time you connect the phone, do that configuration before you start.... every time you gonna send a message, you need to put the phone in the "text mode", the pdu is by default.

Best regards.

can i have your project circuit design eugenesiew? I am doing my project for room temperature wireless sensing. i need to send the temperature data to mobile phone also by through pic16f877a and max232 but i not sure about the connection for max 232 between the pic and mobile phone. can anyone help me??????

thank you

hi
it may have been few years ady,but i'm doing similar project now
i want to know in the end how you interface your mobile T610 to your PIC
thz

Attached are my final schematic and hardware connection. Basically i think you need to buy the data cable for T630/610 because their pin outs are too close to each other. I would not recommend you to try soldering jumpers onto them as the pins may be damaged easily due to high heat. The PIC circuitry is the part you want to focus on. Basically, once you have ur data cable, the connection to PIC is fairly simple as shown in phone2.jpg. This is more of programming project. You need to be able to interface your phone and PIC correctly to communicate with other. Hardware is fairly simple, but finding the cable may be a pain as it is almost obselete. Good luck.

P/S : there is no need for a MAX232 or voltage logic converter. PIC16F877A is good enough.

hi eugenesiew,

u do not need supply power to cable?...i saw at ur db9 part....u only connect tx,rx and Gn only

thankz

in T630, there is a 'dual function' pin. I'm not sure which one is it already as i have not kept in touch with this topic since 2007.

The dual function pin can:

absorb power:
when charger is connected to T630

supply power
when connected to headset, data cable and other accessories.

So yea, you connect only three pins to PIC.
TX & RX for transmitting and receiving data between PIC and T630
GND for common ground as in the case of all electronic circuit who have parts interconnected to each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.