Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

System Post Layouut Simulation in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelomi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

i have the following problem. I desigend an IQ-mixer with two mixers and one polyphase filter at the input in cadence. I therefore made one schematic and the corresponding symbol for the mixer and a spereate schematic and symbol for the filter. Same with layout and extracted view. These blocks are working fine seperately (schematic and post layout simulation). Finaly i made the schematic for the whole system, in which i inserted the several blocks. The simulation of this schematic is also fine. From this schematic I then created the layout of the whole system. The problem is now that I'm not able do a post layout simulation with the extracted view of the layout of the system. Due to the schematic, cadence uses the extracted view of each single symbol, and connects them accordingly to the schematic. Is there a way to force cadence to use the extracted view of the whole system?

Best Regards,
Peter

Actually, I do not quite understand your pb. If you can extract the full system's layout, you should be able to netlist the extracted view (which, then, is flat). Then you simulate this extracted netlist, i.e. you just tell the simulator where to find this netlist. This has nothing to do with the schematics; the correlation between schematic & extracted view is only necessary for the LVS.

Hi Erikl,

thanks for your answer. In principle you understood my question right. What I'm trying to do, is to "create" a symbol out of the netlist of my extracted view, so that I can use this symbol with all the pins in a schematic for the ADE. I just don't know how to do this.

Bet Regards, Peter

Hi,
I dont know how to do it with ADE GUI but I can tell you how to do it by hands.
What I do Is to extract the parasitic Rcc from the layouts of my components and then I insert these parasitics into the netlist file. You launch the simulation and that's all. This is a very efficient technique.

Hi Peter,
can't you create a symbol from your extracted view, like creating a symbol from a schematic view? (Currently, I have no layout license, so I can't check myself). May be this is even possible from a schematic window (Design -> Create Cellview -> From Cellview... -> Cellview From Cellview; in the From View Name box exchange the default schematic against extracted.

If this doesn't work, I just can tell you how I did this for an already available model netlist file (created by any netlisting tool from Cadence, Calibre, etc.), pls. s. the PDF below (use Tools from the CIW).

HTH! Rgds, erikl

PS: I forgot to mention that you must create a spectre view which is achieved by copying the symbol view from within the library manager to a spectre view.

Also, may be, see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back