Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trans+ac analysis in Cadence

Chinmaye

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I am running a cross function after transient analysis to find a certain instant instant of time. I would like to use this time (as calculated by cross func) in trans + ac analysis. How can this be done?

What you need?
1. Transfer result from one test and use it in another test?
2. In one test, find your event and run ac?

If 1 is valid then use calcVal function.
If 2 is valid, use spectre check to get event and call ac (proper document how to perform event triggered simulation is on CDNS support site, I am unsure if you can find it in installation doc directory)

What you need?
1. Transfer result from one test and use it in another test?
2. In one test, find your event and run ac?

If 1 is valid then use calcVal function.
If 2 is valid, use spectre check to get event and call ac (proper document how to perform event triggered simulation is on CDNS support site, I am unsure if you can find it in installation doc directory)
I need to run one simulation where I find the time at which i want to run AC. In the same simulation, I want to run AC as well.

So 2nd point.
1. Create an assertion in ADE for the net you want: choose expression and define proper cross function (details you can find in SpectreMDL Reference manual → spectre_installation_dir/doc/mdlref/).
2. In transient analysis options: as actimes provide (@(assertion_name)) and in acnames your ac analysis (so, either ac, stb, noise)

As a result, you should get info in spectre output.log that event assertion_name has been found at time XX and after it tran-ac ac analysis is performing

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back