Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synopsys primepower help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar_eda

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me please

in primepower after giving link command, it is telling unresolved references and creating black boxes. what to do to solve this problem?

thank you

Read in the source files for the missing references.

if anyone worked on prime power can help me please. i read my netlist file and libraries. my verilog code contains submodules. after i gave link command it is telling unable to resolve references to submodules. without submodules i am getting power consumption result but with submodules in verilog code it is giving error. if u worked on pp give me your contact(mail-id or mobile num) to resolve my problem. thank you

Are you giving all link libraries (.db format) , I think this kind of error comes when tool do not see all libraries which were used to generate gate-level netlist. If you post your command here, that could help us to find the exact issue. BTW is it at RTL-level or gate-level stage?

Hi all if u worked on prime power please read and help me.
When i am calculating power for a module which has some submodules inside, it is telling unable to resolve references & creating black boxes. I am using the following script for calculating power

set search_path "."
set link_path "* /home/sagar_mp/main fsa0m_a_generic_core_tt1p8v25c.db"
set target_library "/home/sagar_mp/main/synopsys/fsa0m_a_generic_core_tt1p8v25c.db"
set link_library "/home/sagar_mp/main/synopsys/fsa0m_a_generic_core_tt1p8v25c.db"
set symbol_library "/home/sagar_mp/main/synopsys/fsa0m_a_generic_core.sdb"
read_verilog /home/sagar_mp/main/subbytes3_net.v
current_design subbytes3
link
read_vcd -strip tb_subbytes3/t1 /home/sagar_mp/main/subbytes3_vcd.vcd
calculate_power
report_power -file subbytes3_pwr

here my main module is subbytes3. It is all combinational logic and it has 4 internal modules. I wrote all (main module & submodules) in a single file & it is inside /home/sagar_mp/main.
Subbytes3_net is my netlist generated by synopsys Design Compiler.
When i give link command it is telling unable to resolve references. I tried by writing all submodules in different files and used `include directive in the main module subbytes3, still problem is not solved.
Please give me solution to solve this problem. If u want any details ask me, i will give you
Thank you

Give the library location in serach_path (I guess the location is "/home/sagar_mp/main/synopsys", if not give the right path)

set search_path ". /home/sagar_mp/main/synopsys"
set link_path "* fsa0m_a_generic_core_tt1p8v25c.db"
read_verilog /home/sagar_mp/main/subbytes3_net.v
current_design subbytes3
link

Hope it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back