Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch on and off a photoelectric sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmylee

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day, all
Recently, I am doing a project that use arduino uno to switch on and off a photoelectric sensor (according to Infrared Photoelectric Switch). How do i test the current of the output signal black wire as i worry that the arduino can only take in 5V and 40mA. I have connected the brown to 18V power supply, blue to collector of transistor and 5V supply to the base transistor.

Parts Used:
NPN photoelectric sensor
supply voltage 10-30V
output current <100mA
power consumption <20mA
NPN Transistor 2n3904

What does it mean "use arduino uno to switch on and off a photoelectric sensor"? I can only imagine using Arduino to process the sensor output signal.

Photoelecric sensors are switched by light. If the sensor output is "NPN open collector", can I use INPUT_PULLUP on the Arduino input pin? 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back