Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substrate design for flipchip package

Status
Not open for further replies.

GowriAnand

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am trying to design a substrate for a flipchip Package.

I imported the die information thru the die text in wizard.(number of bumps is roughly around 2200).

Created the BGA thru the BGA generator (27X27 BGA , 0.8mm pitch, full array with 1:1:4 for pwr/gnd/signal distribution)

Created the B/B vias by using the B/B via generator.

Set up the constraints, cross-section details.

Auto assigned the signal nets, (Logic->AutoAssign).

After this, I'm trying to do a couple of things but getting stuck at every step :-?

Questions i have -

1. I'm basically following the tutorials but when i work on the step of adding the via structure, it basically does nothing. Steps I have followed : Clicked on Route->Generate Flipchip Generator. Selected the nets , right clicked and selected "add via structure". After this I don't see anything happening in the file.

2. How do we assign the power/ground bumps to the power/gnd solder balls. I assigned the rest of the signal nets through the auto assign command. I have around 15 small power planes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

2. Logic - Assign net, click on Die-pin that which net u need to assign to ball pin,,, then again click on the bga ball, so the particular net what u want can be assigned.

1. Make sure the padstack you defined for VIA is correctly linked and available, also vary the parameters , so you can do proper fanout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back