Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

importing package standart footprint into Altium

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,I have the component shown below. However there is no footpint or 3D step file.In the link they say the package is 16-DIP Module, 6 Leads.
1.Does this component 16-DIP Module, 6 Leads is like 0805 in resistors so the pin orientation and shape of the footprint is uniques to this type of package?
2.How can i down load the 16-DIP Module, 6 Leads package purely?
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/xp-power/JWE0624S15/7175530

1) This is nothing like an 0805 resistor. I have no idea what the rest of that question is.
2) You can’t download something that, apparently, doesn’t exist; you’ll have to create your own footprint. They give you the information you need to create the footprint.

If the DIP16 "module" is a standard 300mil width, 100mil pitch then consider ripping off a 74xx logic part of proper size for the geometry stuff and fix the pin names?

No, it's 0.1" pitch, 0.4" row distance. The linked Digikey page contains a datasheet. It's a kind of industry standard DC/DC footprint, likely to find a similar Altium library component. But as stated by barry, it's quite easy to make your own footprint.

Screenshot_20240518_090802_Firefox.jpg

The view shown above is bottom view, this will need mirroring for the PCB footprint (always top view).
I.e. pin 1, where pin 16 is.
7-10,

SO:
16 10 9
1 7 8

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back