Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standard cell characterization flow with Synopsys tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vlsi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me ..! what are the tools use in this flow. i know the cadence flow but couldnt find the replacement in synopsys .

tnx for ur reply but Liberty NCX is used to generate .lib file. i want to know how an individual cell is charectarized using synopsys tools. thanks

Liberty NCX is characterize (simulate transistor-level netlist in spice simulator, like Hspice) each cell in the library, and generate .lib files based on the results of these simulation.

From Liberty NCX UserGuide:

Liberty NCX reads cell descriptions from the seed library or cell template files, reads SPICE netlists and models, sets up SPICE simulations of the cells, runs the simulations using HSPICE or a compatible simulator, gathers the simulation results, generates the library cell characterization data, and writes out a .lib library file containing the newly characterized cells.

Thank u Sir. where dos the layout extraction come, which tool shuld i use to generate layout view and Abstract view. is it Custom Designer SE and LE

Extraction - Star-RC
Layout view (Milkyway CEL) - CustomDesigner LE (or from any layout editor -> GDSII -> Milkyway)
Abstract View (Milkyway FRAM) - it may comes from CustomDesigner, from CEL, from GDS or from LEF file.

You should read Milkyway Library Data Preparation User Guide (do not remember exact title of this UG).

I read the UG ,thank for the information,i finally found the flow to follow on my project which is characterizing a standard cell "asynchronous latch"
1.schematic ----->tool CDesigner SE
2.layout ----->tool CDesigner LE
3.LVS hERCULES
4.RC extraction Star RC
5.Post layout simulation.

correct me or suggest me plz.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back