Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral Inductor Design With Sonnet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeyoda

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a college student and want to design a spiral inductor with sonnet, i don't know very well about the inductors and is there a special program that calculates the inductance value and the resistance would be helpful? Anything that will be helpful for me that i need to know except using that calculater tool? :twisted:8-O

Reactions: eeyoda

eeyoda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you so much for the information, but is there any source so i can get some information about the inductor design?

Hi eeyoda,
I do not know in which category you want to design the Inductors. Anyways as I could understand from your post you need Air Core Inductance and here is the helping link:
Air Core Inductor Coil Inductance Calculator
Hope it help. Any further help is welcomed.

Application notes for inductor design with Sonnet:
**broken link removed**

Inductor model generator for Sonnet:
Dr. Mühlhaus Consulting & Software GmbH » Spiral Inductor Assistant

A really good book in RFIC inductor design, with equations for inductance calculation and inductor optimization is this:
Amazon.com: Integrated Inductors and Transformers: Characterization, Design and Modeling for RF and MM-Wave Applications (9781420088441): Egidio Ragonese, Angelo Scuderi, Tonio Biondi, Giuseppe Palmisano: Books

A paper with simple and accurate equations for planar inductors as used in RFIC is attached.

Attachments

• simple accurate expressions for planar spiral inductances.pdf
    289.4 KB · Views: 93

Spiral Inductor Design With Sonnet
cann now download from the muehlhaus.com
can anyone send me a copy of this ???
dellhost@126.com

Application notes for inductor design with Sonnet:
**broken link removed**

Inductor model generator for Sonnet:
Dr. Mühlhaus Consulting & Software GmbH » Spiral Inductor Assistant

A really good book in RFIC inductor design, with equations for inductance calculation and inductor optimization is this:
Amazon.com: Integrated Inductors and Transformers: Characterization, Design and Modeling for RF and MM-Wave Applications (9781420088441): Egidio Ragonese, Angelo Scuderi, Tonio Biondi, Giuseppe Palmisano: Books

A paper with simple and accurate equations for planar inductors as used in RFIC is attached.

could the sonnet will give me the demo version of the spiral inductor assisant for sonnet ??

Ok, now I understand.

The spiral inductor assistant is no longer available for public download.
For a test version, please contact me with your full company contact data and Sonnet customer ID through this web form:
https://muehlhaus.com/contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back