Status
Not open for further replies.

eeyoda

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a college student and want to design a spiral inductor with sonnet, i don't know very well about the inductors and is there a special program that calculates the inductance value and the resistance would be helpful? Anything that will be helpful for me that i need to know except using that calculater tool? :twisted:8-O

Reactions: eeyoda

eeyoda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you so much for the information, but is there any source so i can get some information about the inductor design?

Hi eeyoda,
I do not know in which category you want to design the Inductors. Anyways as I could understand from your post you need Air Core Inductance and here is the helping link:
Air Core Inductor Coil Inductance Calculator
Hope it help. Any further help is welcomed.

Application notes for inductor design with Sonnet:
**broken link removed**

Inductor model generator for Sonnet:
Dr. Mühlhaus Consulting & Software GmbH » Spiral Inductor Assistant

A really good book in RFIC inductor design, with equations for inductance calculation and inductor optimization is this:
Amazon.com: Integrated Inductors and Transformers: Characterization, Design and Modeling for RF and MM-Wave Applications (9781420088441): Egidio Ragonese, Angelo Scuderi, Tonio Biondi, Giuseppe Palmisano: Books

A paper with simple and accurate equations for planar inductors as used in RFIC is attached.

Attachments

• simple accurate expressions for planar spiral inductances.pdf
    289.4 KB · Views: 94

Spiral Inductor Design With Sonnet
cann now download from the muehlhaus.com
can anyone send me a copy of this ???
dellhost@126.com

could the sonnet will give me the demo version of the spiral inductor assisant for sonnet ??

Ok, now I understand.

The spiral inductor assistant is no longer available for public download.
For a test version, please contact me with your full company contact data and Sonnet customer ID through this web form:
https://muehlhaus.com/contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…