Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spectre view in Cadence library

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmsheng

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
create spectre view

1. There are a few kinds of cell views in Cadence design, such as schematic, symbol, spectre, veriloga, etc. Can someone tell me what's the usage of spectre view? How to create the spectre view?

2. I have only the Spice netlist of an I/O cell. I want use it in my schematic design. So I created a blank schematic for it with only some pins corisponding to the Spice netlist file. Then a symbol cell was created. After that I placed the I/O symbol to the schematic design. Generate netlist and a blank I/O cell subcircuit defination is got. So I have to remove the blank subcircuit defination and include the spice model file for simulation. So I want to know how to suppress the generation of the blank I/O cell subcircuit defination when netlist generated?

spectre view

1.spctre view allows you to include a spectre netlist of a specific block, using CDF command.

spectre cdf

urobin said:
1.spctre view allows you to include a spectre netlist of a specific block, using CDF command.
Hi~ can you elaborate that more?I was think spectre(or hspice(D or S),verilogA) view is for elementary components(diode,mos),so they can be used in correspondent netlister or simulator...

cadence spectre view

Hi, urobin and leohart,

Agree with both of you. Please give more information...

spectre lib section include

hi gunturikishore,I have checked that link,but found nothing useful...

cdf symbol layout

spectre view is used by spectre simulator
its define the the ports of the schematic

spectre view cadence

You need to edit that cell's CDF.
For example,
You have a cell anme IOBAR under lib "ABC"

Under icfb/Tools/CDF/Edit :
Edit ABC library and cell IOBAR with type = base. (Otherwise you will loss that after close icfb).

You can add Component Parameters as macro with teh name as "IOBAR".
Put your pin at Simulation Information/spectre field.

Then apply.

Try netlisting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back