Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Sony Condencer Microphone ECM-K100 Power LED power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutonomY

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this old mic and I like to use it again. It works but has la little hiss. Maybe the mic has a power problem since the power LED just flashes one time by power-up and then it will not show itself anymore. I really believe that the LED should stay on. Need I go in there? Hope you can help me out here. Greetings, AutonomY

I don't know that microphone but I am guessing it uses phantom power - are you supplying that and is the voltage correct?

Keith

Thanx for your answer Keith!

I forgot to tell the power source. It’s Battery powered 1.5V AA.

(Thanx 4 the reverse :grin:)

I don't know that microphone but I am guessing it uses phantom power - are you supplying that and is the voltage correct?

Keith

I assume you know that the LED should stay on (I would assume so but if you have the manual you can check). So, the other thing I would look at first is to measure the battery voltage when you turn it on - is the circuit dragging it down & taking excess current. Otherwise I think you would need to take it apart and trace out the circuit so you can probe it. I don't know whether that would be worth the effort.

Keith.

Thank you Keith, Good thinking. I will delve in to it. But not to long indeed. You’re right again. The thing is, I have a Nakamichi CM-300 but the battery isn’t for sale anymore. I purchased a replacement but there is a noise sometimes. Sounds like mass problems. The battery is a rubber container with 1.5V cells to obtain 9V. I think they are not welded together.

(I found out they are not welded together.)

Last edited:

The power LED of the Sony Condenser Microphone ECM-K100 should stay on only with external use of power supply, not with battery power. All voltages are ok. It's just a noise floor which belongs to the mic. It's more quiet with external power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back