Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

software design need basic information

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I need some information If I want to create my own software (like keil), Then what I need to learn
I am interested developing software text editor . I know I need to learn one programming language.

I have little bit knowledge about c language , and data structure , algorithm

I am doing electronics engineering I don't have much knowledge about how does software make
. we see icon on desktop then we do single click then we saw the some function add file, delete file copy move

I know we write code but don't know how they create in one file (icon )?

we see icon on desktop then we do single click then we saw the some function add file, delete file copy move

I know we write code but don't know how they create in one file (icon )?

These particular functions are handled by the operating system. You do not need to write code to do that part.

As for inside your program, you do need to write code that will communicate with routines which are managed by the OS.

Your program must send and receive commands between the OS, so that your files can be opened and saved to disk.

Your program must recognize keyboard characters, mouse clicks, menu clicks, font selection, etc.

If you double-click a file which is owned by your program, the OS sends a signal to open it in your program. Your code must detect this event from the OS, and handle all further operations.

theoretically I want to create software thats name is mysoftware and that should be run on desktop that software will show my name vead sharma
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
    printf("vead sharma \n");
	return 0;

}

I am just asking process so I have taken one example
tell me how to create software ?

Last edited:

I have experience with FutureBasic (for Macintosh), and ThinBasic (for Windows).
(Also VIC20 and Commodore 64, but we're not talking about antique languages, are we?)

In those languages we must write code to:
(1) open a window
(2) display your message
(3) wait for keypress, mouse click, or pause a few seconds
(4) close window
(5) handle errors if any
(6) exit program

I imagine most every programming environment requires that we write a similar sequence of commands.

Whatever programming language you choose, you must get friendly with the command set. You must read the user manual. It's the only way you'll know what is possible.

The package comes with sample routines. These demonstrate how to do common tasks (such as your example above).

ThinBasic is a scripted language. Free to download and use (last I heard). It was made to interact with Windows routines. It draws windows and menus which appear identical to those created by Windows OS. I have no experience with C so I can't make comparisons. But I believe there are converter routines discussed at the ThinBasic website.

www.thinbasic.com

You might want to start off with something like Python and the TkInter. It's a pretty modern oo scripting/programming language and has a lot of tutorials and free books available online for learning. As it's a scripting language you get to avoid having to dive so deep into the machine it's running on to do anything. No dealing with memory management and stuff like you would have to do in C.

I've been learning it myself and actually prefer it over Perl, which I've used (and forgotten multiple times) in the past. I find it difficult to remember all the cryptic syntax required by Perl as I only occasionally use it. I normally use Tcl for running all my tools and am trying to switch to Python (instead of Perl) for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back