Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SoC Encounter Floorplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch1pz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
encounter floorplan

Hi,

I have been working with Encounter now for just over a week and have learned the basics from importing a design to the final routing.

I was interested in making more abstract shapes though, rather than the normal square or rectangle. I wanted to try making an "L" shape floorplan within encounter but I am not sure how you would do this.

Do I need to assign my ports within the I/O assignment file to create this "L" shape thus forcing the floorplan to follow suit?

Any help regarding this type of issue would be very appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

encounter floorplan tutorial

Hi,
In encounter before placement we will do generally floor plan, the floorplan option is specified in encounter. floorplan->specify floorplan. in this u have to specify co-ordinates of the cell, u can play around with in floorplan options.

soc encounter gui tutorial

What version of SoC are you using?
One of the icons in the Encounter floorplan view toolbar is a tool to modify a block. If you click that icon, then click one of the corners of a block and drag your mouse in towards the center of the block it will create an "L" shape. I'll post the exact icon that I'm talking abotu on Monday. I don't have access to it when I'm not at work.

soc encounter floorplan

In the floorplan view of Encounter, there is a "create rectilinear" attribute. U can click on this, and create rectilinear structures

soc encounter rectilinear floorplan

check this

rectilinear floorplan in def file

ya as said u need to use creatre rectilinear and then use IO pin assignment as u like...

encounter pin assignment tutorial

one doubt about this discussion. Whether you are talking about creating a rectilinear floorplan or creating any rectilinear object inside the floorplan?

If you are asking about how to create a rectilinear object inside the floorplan, then you can go through the dtml tutorial placed in the gift directory in your tool installation dir.

If you want a rectilinear floorplan, then I think you have to play with DEF. There is no option (visible to me) from the gui to specify any rectilinear floorplan. Please correct me if I am wrong.

rectilinear floorplan encounter

yes there is a option, select proper view (floorplan view) and then u will get one tab for create rectilinear or something like that.........

this u can use for creating rectilinear floorplan or to create rectilinear region/fence inside ur floorplan too...

playing with def ...then u need to know exact co-ordinates ...easiest way is to use create rectilinear utility....

hope this helps
Prasad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back