Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS Based Home automation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammar873

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hay Guys,
I want to design a project which is used to control the home appliances through SMS using AT89S52 Micro controller. I am able to done the hardware section but i don't understand the programming of this micro controller. From where i should start the programming in c language. I have thoroughly read the AT commands the GSM Module the max 232 and the Serial port transmission to micro controller but i have not found the c language commands or pattern for 8051 AT89S52 micro controller operating in sending and receiving SMS. How to program that Micro controller? How to use AT commands in c? What is the baud rate uart etc etc how can we access the ports of microcontroller? How can deal with commands when we send sms from mobile to gsm module? So much complications in programming please help me out.

Kindly help to make the project possible for me my last date of project submission is 20 July i have not even a single word in programming side.

A search in the forum will give you more results as i myself have answered more than 50 times... its a common question and ask you to search the forum properly with all keywords....

hi,

you may first study how to make a simple program in your device before you can do interfacing..

we will try to help you in the interfacing if you have problems..

i think Romel has already done sending sms and he is an expert in that as he has understood that concept in this forum....

his thread is active and many people use it as reference.... romel can you put that link for him.... where you interfced GSM woth 8051.... you also have put code for that... it will be helpful and if you can help others with your expertise of knowledge...

i think Romel has already done sending sms and he is an expert in that as he has understood that concept in this forum....

his thread is active and many people use it as reference.... romel can you put that link for him.... where you interfced GSM woth 8051.... you also have put code for that... it will be helpful and if you can help others with your expertise of knowledge...

hehe Im not an expert but I know I can help him with this matter.. he said he dont know yet some basic of a controller so I think he would be better understanding first the basics..

by the way this is the thread. you can see there how I send and read via uart..

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/211647/

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

read through that thread and you will learn a lot about what you need..

but again I suggest you to learn the basics first

@ Romel you send a link and i read this link but can you please help me that how can we connect AT89C52 to MAX232 and MAX 232 to Serial Port. it will be more helpful if you provide me a schematic to done this.

Rx and Tx connect from Micro controller is it true?

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Rx and Tx connect from Micro controller is it true.?

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

@ Romel thank you so much. you make my project easier.

No problem..

read about max232 about its function.. yes rx and txt of the other side is connected to micro because you will do serial interfacing later..

Serial Interfacing?

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

first we connect a data cable of my mobile to serial port and then connect serial port to max 232 same as the picture you post and finally connect rx and tx from max 232 to micro controller is it ok na?

the diagram is correct.. there is a max 232 at the modem end and at the controller end

So it will be like this

modem -> max232 <-------------------> maz232 ->microcontroller

thank you one more question how can i connect a my relays from uln2003 to my micro controller.
mobile ---> serial port ----> max232 ----> microcontroller ---> now from which pins of mcu i connect uln 2003.

mobile ---> serial cable ----> max232 ----> microcontroller --->

you can also remove the max232 if your modem is operating at 5v or if it is capable of handling 5v..
you can directly connect your modem to your controller but when you connect your modem/mobile to PC dont forget the max232 thing

now from which pins of mcu i connect uln 2003.

we will get that stage later... this is just a suggestion dont mix all these things in your mind.. focus on 1 stage if you are a starter... just a suggestion..

@ Romel ok sure i will do the work till to mcu in proteus then i will ask you the same question in future :)

yes.. just finish everything in MCU part then if its ready ask another question .. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back