Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boonton RTP5318 RF Power Sensor - Drivers for Remote control using LAN or GPIB for Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

levnu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to All,

We bought power sensor RTP5318, we try to include it in our automatic & remote test setup that includes:

PC (Matlab) that communicates with our measurement equipment via LAN or GPIB.

Currently we connect the sensor via USB to the PC and use it manually via the installed GUI, but we want to read power measurements remotely

Searching in web and reading the instructions, I only found zip files that include drivers for LabVIEW.

Could you please assist with drivers to communicate to the sensor without using LabVIEW?

How can i communicate this Sensor by LAN / GPIB and then operate it with SCPI commands

Please Note: In the 3rd picture below they mention API commands via some WinUSB driver, as I understand this USB driver allows to communicate via the GUI but I never did it in such way are there some examples?

Attachments

• 2222.PNG
    2222.PNG
    438.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 111.PNG
    111.PNG
    290.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 3333.PNG
    3333.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 247

Status
Not open for further replies.