Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple bus architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfreng2

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all!

I'm currently studying on bus architecture. Can anyone give me a good source and schematic on a Simple Bus architecture? or Can someone explain to me the functions of a Simple bus architecture?.. Thanks!

Google for Wishbone or AMBA.

I also suggest "Wishbone"

Depends upon the purpose of your original question. Were you asking about on-chip buses used to connect processors and memories? If so, there are even simpler on-chip buses than Wishbone & AMBA. And of course things like USB, CAN, PCI, VESA are all widely used buses in computers, but not generally for communication between things on the same chip.

Wishbone is open source, easy to understand and is used by many designs in the OpenCores project, but it is almost unknown in commercial applications. IBM use CoreConnect, a few companies use OCP from Sonics Inc, but in my experience AMBA is the most widely used.

I posted an introduction to AHB, one part of the AMBA specification here:

**broken link removed**

I found an old doc. on some of the embedded bus structures. I think you'll find this useful. Unfortunately this doesn't talk about AXI bus. I believe even xilinx has come out with a serial bus architecture called aurora, which i guess will be used to connect xilinx IPs.not so confident of this one, but you can look it up as well. There is also an open-core-protocol, which is also used for interconnection in SoCs. information of OCP can be obtained from this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Core_Protocol_(OCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back