Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal integrity using tool hyperlynx IBIS model

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit142

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am new to Signal integrity. Actually i have concern of simulating clock signal.
So, Here driver is clock distribution IC which IBIS model is with me and assign for the IC in the hyperlynx tool.
The problem - For receiver i don't have IBIS model and Receiver is a Programmable Display Switch.

Can i use 50 ohm pull down termination as receiver and simulate the transmission line.Since i dont have IBIS model for the receiver.

Please help me out and Thanking everyone in advance.

Regards,
Rohit

Last edited:

Can i use 50 ohm pull down termination as receiver and simulate the transmission line.
Yes, if the receiver or your external circuit involves a 50 ohms termination. For a high impedance receiver, you can try to estimate an equivalent circuit from datasheet values. IBIS data also describes nonlinear input behavior like clamping diodes. They must be considered if the receiver input voltage is possibly exceeding the supply rails, but this shouldn't happen in a typical clock distribution circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back