Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Drop simulation in Hyperlynx PI

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am working with Mentor Graphics Xpeditaion PCB design software. In Hyperlynx PI, I am trying to simulation dc drop simulation on power nets. The dc drop simulation does not include plane switching noise and the effect of decoupling capacitors. It only performs dc drop simulation on a power plane.

There are two options to perform the dc drop simulation in Hyperlynx PI.

Option 1: without reference net:
In this option we only perform dc drop simulation on power nets without including reference nets. The power nets of the voltage source is assigned a voltage reference, called VRM and the power nets of all the ICs are assigned DC sink model. I can run this simulation.

The problem is if I include reference net than I don't know which model to assign to which net.

Option 2:
In this option we include reference reference net which is ground net. Now there are power nets on voltage source and power nets on all the ICs. Do I assign them as VRM and DC sink respectively ?

In addition to that, there are ground nets on voltage source and ground nets on all the ICs. Do I assign them as VRM and DC sink respectively ? or DC sink and DC sink respectively ?

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back