Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Port data into Matlab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suddy72

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i have posted this before and had no luck, maybe there is someone who can help me , as i urgently need it.

The problem is, i am sending 16 bit data samples to the PC along a serial link. they are obviously being sent 8 bits at a time. I want to somehow store these samples being sent and then plot them using MatLab. I have found a program called realterm which lets me view the data being sent in various formats (HEX, binary, ASCII) , it allows you to capture the data you have sent and stores it in a file. The problem is, that in this file its stored in a weird format. I want to store this data as straight binary or hex, so that it can be read in MATLAB. Has anyone ever done this?

If so, whats the best way to go about it ?

Thanks ,

Stuart

you can copy your received data to a new txt file

uh ? what u mean ? like copy, cut and paste? thats not very ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back