Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any way to dump old serial configuration prom XC1736?

Zag4cpld

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to dump a serial configuration prom XC1736 so that I can program another one with the same revision code. This is for a vintage computer where the original programming file is not available any longer.

Can these XC1736 devices be dumped/read out to a file which can used to then program additional proms of the same type? Thanks.

The don't use s standard interface but yes, they must be readable or they wouldn't be usable. They use a very simple serial interface with internal address counting so it wouldn't be too hard to make a programming interface if a commercial one is no longer available.

Brian.

Hi,

The FPGA reads out the data of the memory at every power up.
Thus "read out" data is nothing special.

Also the memory datasheet shows how "reading" works.

So, what is unclear?

Klaus

Thanks guys. That clears things up. I didn't know if they were "protected" from normal reading or if special hardware was needed to dump them. I think I'm all set now.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back