Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending an image with RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsoender

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to capture a picture with a small CCD camera, and send it thru an RF module with 437MHz to an receiver.
The receiver will be connected to an Atmega16/32 that again will send the picture via UART to a computer.
(What software do I use on the PC to read the data/picture from UART? I guess I cant use a terminal to show a picture)

How is this done? I cant find any info from the internet that shows this.

Anyone that can give me an helping hand to kick start my project?

The easiest way to do is to use composite video signal and a video capture card/interface on your PC.

Unless you are sending lo resolution pictures there is not enough bandwidth in the 430 MHZ band. Thee are a lot of security camera outfits that use the 2.45 GHZ band ard are quite cheap. **broken link removed**
Frank

Unless you are sending lo resolution pictures there is not enough bandwidth in the 430 MHZ band. Thee are a lot of security camera outfits that use the 2.45 GHZ band ard are quite cheap. **broken link removed**
Frank

Im working on an QubeSat project, how would you boost the 2.4GHz signal from the satellite, or would it be enough power as it is?

"or would it be enough power as it is?", to do what? Use a 2.45 GHZ LNA?
Frank

Sorry about that, I mean those kits you can buy. Will those kits with that 2.4GHz antenna/electronics be enough power to be received on ground station?
It would be great if that would work, if not I have to build my own. I just cant see that they are powerful enough..?

If you want to receive a signal from a satellite, you will have to copy the original designed setup. I.e. use a similar sized aerial array with a LNA.
Frank

Ok, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back