Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDF annotation and a flatten netlist (schematic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ywguo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I have a flatten schematic, imported from a flatten verilog netlist. To speed the ams simulation, I want to annotate SDF. However, it always reports the following Warning info. It seems that ams simulator does not find the instance in my flatten neltist.

Tools version are
irun(64): 10.20-s043

The irun.log has the following information.

Reading SDF file from location "./tmp/digital_top_hold_func.3.0.sdf"
Annotating SDF timing data:
Compiled SDF file: digital_top_hold_func.3.0.sdf.X
Log file:
Backannotation scope: mux_sim.u_digital_top
Configuration file:
MTM control: MINIMUM
Scale factors:
Scale type:
ncelab: *W,SDFINF: Instance u_filter_q/u_if_process/FE_OCPC17354_N_120 not found at scope level <top-level> <./tmp/digital_top_func_hold.3.0.sdf, liine 164027>.

In line 164027, ./tmp/digital_top_func_hold.3.0.sdf, it is

(INTERCONNECT u_filter_q\/u_if_process\/FE_OCPC17354_N_120/Y u_filter_q\/u_if_process\/p0654A1920/A0 (0.0000: :0.0000) (0.0000: :0.0000))

Every slash indicates the hierarchy is preceded by a back slash in SDF file. I think that eliminates the hierarchy and make it suitable for a flatten netlist. However, in the irun.log file the back slash disappears and it did not find the instance FE_OCPC17354_N_120.

What's wrong with my simulation? Any comments are appreciated.

Best Regards,
Yawei

why not you ignore the warnings and check the simulation result from waveform viewer or testbench?

If there are errors, report them here

ur netlist is flattened, but ur sdf is in hierachy format, so, that is where the warning coming out. Try to write out the sdf file after flatten ur netlist,Best regard!

Hi my2817,

You said that my SDF file is in hierarchy format. I thought it was in flatten format because there is back slash "\" leading the slash "/". Is it correct?

Yawei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back