Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sampling LF to 2GHz signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

monnoliv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm working in the LF-2GHz range (then wideband).
I've to sample the signal at a resolution of 1bit (then using a high speed comparator).
The problem is not the comparator itself, I can find a fast one. But after I've to latch the signal @ 4GS/s.
Since I can't find a fast latch, I've this idea: I split two times the analog signal (I need tree splitters), then with the resulting four signals I route each of them to 4 comparators but each route is track delayed (lengh of track on the PCB) in order to have a respectively 0, 250ps, 500ps and 750ps delay. Then the four signals enter to four comparators followed by four latch clocked @ 1GHz (I can find these).
Question: with your experience, do you think It's a good Idea? Or there is more simple solution?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back