Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
avarage salary in germany

Thanks Rambo for your opinion about Eastern Europe. I'm from Poland and I earn about 400-500E/month (on my hand). I've got 2+ years experience in PCB designing and i work as jr. engineer. I am finishing Technican University (last year). For example my friend is a life-saver in ambulance and he earns about 200E/m. So i am pleased from my salary. I thing also that in Western Europe i could earn much more. In Poland in electronics it could be difficult to earn more then 1000E/m.
regards
sobol

it salaries europe

In my case. Four years experience in electronics. I work in Spain. I earn 1500Eur a month. Things here are not easy for engineers. A house cost more than 200.000 Eur also.

best regards,

otomi

engineering salary in belgium

Hi,

I'm an executive from Western origine and work in Eastern Europe for an Western company.
Yes, people here are really willing to work and they are verry wel educated, the level is the same than in Western Europe.
A skilled engineer here get 500-600 Euro bruto per month.
My manager with the bigest salary in my factory get 1.500 Euro bruto and a small company car and he use to say to me that he is "rich" here with such a salary, he manage 400 people.

If Western Europe does not change the mentality, (work less, get more money, have more free time) there will be in 2010 20% jobless people over there.

hc

belgium engineer salary

@puppet1
Hey Nerd77,
Is it normal to have that salary in Germany, are salaries usually that high..

No, its not usual, its pretty high, and i do not know how long i may utilize this.

My client (where i am working at) is one of europes big telecom companies. The sallary for their clerical workers for same work is about 65K / year (dont know much about their additional social benefits they achieve). As they are not allowed to perform some overtime work, they would never reach the salary i will receive.

would you say the highest in Europe by your estimation ?
Germany is realy one of the countries with a high salary. But the salary in swizerland and sweden are also very high as i have heard.

I would imagine an IC Designer would make quite a bit as well.
I habve no information about this market

engineering salary europe

**broken link removed** nice wage calculator for US cities

**broken link removed** - 2003 survey for USA.
To get an approximate in normal US economy let say: three years ago economy was better so add 5-10k to that figure to get an approximate what wages can be.

european salary for engineers

Personally, I am finding that there a lot more analog and rf ic design jobs in europe (also mmic, millimeter wave) then there are in north america (usa).

that sort of started this post !

but problem is, they will never tell americans that !

europe best salaries

I am still looking for more salaries for France and Germany in the field of RFIC Design... also more from the UK (Ireland, Scotland, England)

salaries in europe for engineers

what about Switzerland salaries and EE jobs oppurtunities?

salary comparison europe

Puppet1 said:
I am still looking for more salaries for France and Germany in the field of RFIC Design... also more from the UK (Ireland, Scotland, England)

in France, salary for a recently graduated electrical engineer is oftenly independant of his field. between 28k€ and 32k€ gross per year, with a factor 0.75 to obtain netto salary. also there are taxes to pay, which represent 1.5 or 2 month of salary to pay each year to the French State.

engineering salaries in europa

how about new zealand? is there any job opportunities in IC design?

biggest salary in europe

Can somebody say more about Austria and Switzerland salaries?

thx

it salary europe

at least some approximately statement:

A collegue of me with same profession, same working area, same skill level, same experience etc. asks his swiss customer (were he is working) about salaries in Switzerland. They offer him also about 80K EUR + overtime premium (seem to be some magical barrier which could not be broken if you do not work in magement or sale)

As reported, taxes and insurance in Switzerand should be lower than in germany.

I have no information about the requested skill area of the original poster (EDA related work) of Swizerland

biggest salaries in europe

Consider Scotland. I recall Wolfson microelectronics stating they could not find any good analogue IC designers.
Check out :
h**p://www.talentscotland.co.uk.
For an experienced designer, you would be earning between £38K -58K.
I would love to agree with the go do it yo8urself philosophy but it is just too exensive. A single design run (multichip project where you share the mask costs) for 0.18um is about 20K USD. Assuming your design worked 1st time, you then have the cost of assemblig the devices and then perfoming a device qualification.
Before long you have spent over 100K USD - and you still have to sell it !

PS China are getting into IC design in a big way.

comparative wages across europe

nerd77 said:
at least some approximately statement:

A collegue of me with same profession, same working area, same skill level, same experience etc. asks his swiss customer (were he is working) about salaries in Switzerland. They offer him also about 80K EUR + overtime premium (seem to be some magical barrier which could not be broken if you do not work in magement or sale)

As reported, taxes and insurance in Switzerand should be lower than in germany.

I have no information about the requested skill area of the original poster (EDA related work) of Swizerland

I have a B.S. in electronics engineering with telecomunications specialization ( with more knowledge in RF and MW ). For sure I like electronics, especially RF, but I'm also very interested in management. Do you know the Swiss job market trends in management and electronics? Where to find good websites on which apply for such jobs in Switzerland? I'm not Swiss, so is the German language knowledge mandatory? I know english and italian almost fluently.

many thanks for your effort
best wishes

slaries europe

what is the job market like in germany...

where are the RFIC and MMIC designers in Europe ? Germany and France ?

engineer salaries in belgium

I'm not Swiss, so is the German language knowledge mandatory

I would expect that (independend which country someone chooses) some rough knowledge of the national language is neccesary.

Swiss German is some independend idiom. If someone from Swizerland speaks very acurate, then someone from germany or Austria might understand him. If not - no chance.

compara salaries eu

In malaysia,is about 400Euro......for fresh grad

eu salary statistics

What is the hiring situation in Europe (or anywhere in the world where you are).

Anyone hiring ?

Or is the WHOLE world economy bad ...

ireland salary brutto netto

Hello people,

I am a good example to someone who has dedictaed the last 5 years of my life for job seeking abroad, and I am talking about worldwide search from NZ to US.

My first advice is don't go to NZ: These damned kiwis treat people like crap! There is no moral in this god forsaken country. I had a signed working contract with Tait Electronics from New Zealand 2 years ago, and these villains (I wish them to burn in hell) violated it in a criminal manner.

Companies abroad treat foreign applicants - like me and you in a pathetic poor wa: Patronize over them, ignore them etc. I have a lot of examples from my experience for that.

Nevertheless, If you want to work abroad you need to get that magic little thing called work permit. Something which is very hard to get. I really don't know why - maybe because it cost some money for the companies to get it, and involves some bureaucracy. In Europe, the company has to prove that they haven't found a suitable employee for the position throughout the continent in order to bring a foreign employee. This is understandable and OK as they want to make sure that their people have job at first priority. Well that doesn't work for us.

Anyway, good luck to all of you in your job quest.

- IR

belgium medium income

Hi,

I wanna know how good or bad a gross salary of 3850 Euros/Month is in Germany for a fresh engineer? I'm relocating there from India and that is what I would get paid there by my company.

After reading the posts, I feel that taxes are very high in Germany (50% !!!). Here I would pay no tax this financial year and 20% afterwards.

thanks

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back