Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
average engineering salary in denmark

it's illgal to ask about your marital status

In some countries not

I don't get it, does the company pay more to married employees in some contries or what do you mean?

yes, the company has to pay an add to the employee.

avarage salaries europe

WHO can say me more details about France?

thanks

infineon munich salaries

I'm working here as IC designer but in a University.
Here in Spain you don't have many possibilities of working in Analog design because here there are any foundries!!. Only some companies like Alcatel or Indra have an small department who made this, but I say small so you have few possibilities to get employed.
There are another small companies which design circuits but with the same problem, only a few employees.
The last possibility is to work in a University like me, we design circuits for another companies and for European projects but the salaries are very low, I'm talking about 1000 Euros per month.
I've been working here for 2 years and I am thinking of looking for something better in Europe or USA.
Is it better to work here in Europe or in the USA?, Where are the highest salaries?, and what is more important, Have Europeans any possibility of been employed there?

best it salaries in europe

Yolanda, is true you get a good salary if you find a job in IC in USA for the same position in IC in East Asia or as a matter of fact more than Europe too but is getting worse to get a job now in USA.

It has started 20years ago.
Process called "outsourcing". Americans (guess which ones!) found out that if you automatize to a certain degree, have people with technical knowledge in these countries supervising production rather than having US engineers do it is cheaper for them. Production happens there rather than USA.

It is not humanely to say why but they depend on those jobs for their economies. Factories pay taxes, employ hundreds etc.
But at the same time a lot of American engineer industry jobs were lost.

What is true is IC designing (R&D area) is still here in US and so are the headquarters of each company. They design here, test here but production happens in Asia or Latin America.

Also University Academia people here in USA is also involved in designing process for corporations. Fairchild Semiconductor for example designs here in US, tests here but production takes place entirely in Indonesia, Malaysia or Tawain.

You better have an Indonesian dream rather than an American dream Yolanda!

compare salary in europe

I'm from Indonesia,
Electrical enginnering fate in Indonesia is not better.
I get around US$ 300 /month only,

Sis

medium salaries in europe

Wow how sad is for me to see talented people not being rewarded with the means to live a decent life . It seems to me that electronic engineers should try in this hard times to become independent and do their own products. I read about that spanish gal not finding a place where to practice her art . It reminds me of an argetinan girl that i met years ago she was a talented painter and to make a leaving she had to clean houses .Years later i met her again and ask her what if she had been painting lately ..She said " I LOST MY HAND" ( she meant my art) ..Those words still resonate in me .. When she said them was like i'm blind now so i can't .. If somebody can't employ you keep the dream alive ..i try .

cheers friends

european engineering salary

Hello again,

I've read the two posts after mine and I would like to make some remarks and questions.

I'm happy working here in the University, this is the kind of job I like (designing and making layouts and measurements of LNA's, attenuators, mixers..in monolithic technology). The problem here is that our salaries are low, and that we only have the job if the Unioversity is given a project which employ us, so our contracts are only for a year, then if there is work to do another year, so you don't feel safe. Moreover if you are fired you don't have the opportunity to find a similar job in your country which make things even harder.

And I have some questions to the person (sorry, I don't remember your name) who has broke my heart :cry: (with that of forgetting my American dream).
I don't understand very well what you say. You said designing and testing is made in USA and production in Asia, isn't it?, but what I really do is designing monolithic circuits is SiGe technology, making layouts and measurings. Don't you think I would have any opportunity?, I have look for some posts there and they ask for people to do this, but my question is if they would employ an Spanish when there are millions of Americans engineers.

Thank you for your help and opinions.
:wink:

brutto netto salary belgium

Right now in the USA, if you do not have an APPLICABLE and RELEVANT Master's or PhD in Electronics, there is no hope of getting hired -- or if you have more than 5 years experience.

Very Challenging environment, high unemployment in technology areas and much competition.

Anyway, we have not heard from any Germans here in the salary survey, any input, I am interested....

engineer salary in denmark

Yolanda said:
I don't understand very well what you say. You said designing and testing is made in USA and production in Asia, isn't it?, but what I really do is designing monolithic circuits is SiGe technology, making layouts and measurings.

Don't you think I would have any opportunity?

Hello Yolanda
I am so sorry I have put in such discouraging words. I am so sorry. I wish you the best there is in this life.

There's nothing new under the sun, so the saying goes. Well, I don't know about that. I speak my mind, honestly and without any gloves. It is not anymore the USA of 10 years ago things we used to read in papers or told in stories. Today is differennt.

Not to dissuade you but to let you know what I see with my own eyes. I am propapbly wrong, who knows it.
One thing I am very sure! You must try harder, that is , one in your position can make in universities average about 55,000 per year as start.

Yolanda wish you the best!

djalli

programmer salary euro

Hi guys,

I am currently working in UK; I graduated 5 years ago in Spain (MSc + Master Thesis in electronics... whatever!) and decided to come to UK with my partner (now my wife). What a nice story, yeah right!

I came in 1999, summer, they were contracting 'almost' everybody. I had 3 interviews = 3 job offers as FPGA design Engineer. 2 were blue chip companies; I got a job, nice!

We had bonus, first year great, 2nd not bad, 3rd peanuts, 4th nada...5th... bonus?

The first 2-3 years were great, a lot of R&D, new projects here and there, training everywhere... 4th year it was only customer support, fix bugs, add extra features...5th year is slowly starting to show some light at the end of tunnel...we'll see!

They closed a Motorol@ plant axing 300 jobs round the corner, C@dence gone, @gilent announced lots of redundancies, NEC in Livingston, Nor!el in Ireland...

It's just disheartening :?

Some collegues have been made redundant, but I would say 80% of them have found a new job, similar position in UK or The States. The remaining 20% have set up their own business and they are doing all right.

I am still here. For how long, :) who knows? Things are still looking all right but it's amusing how fast things can change every quarter. If the big boss in The States says...we are closing down and moving to...let's say Malaysia or Fillipinnas then we are stuffed...that's life in the private sector!

Yolanda, I've been where you are! a couple of friends are finishing now the PhD in Spain and then what? there r no jobs for them in Spain afert that so hopefully they will start working in the Uni. I would recommend you to go to The States and at least try it! not risk your current position, leave in summer for a month or something and go for it. Your English is better than their Spanish :) so no problem with that.

Regards guys,

-maestor

salary imec leuven

In Italy 1500€/month for a 4 year digital engineer in a medium company.
But now the company is trying to use as much as possible the outsourcing, so the number of project really developped in the company decreasee and we work more with paper than with CAD or oscilloscope
:cry:

average salary in europe 2009

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much for your answers, I'm seeing the light. It's not easy when you don't have contact wiht other companies or people working in the same things as you.
Some of your answers have discouraged me, but another ones have make me see thing more clear.
An answer to Maestor, first of all thank you for you courage (vamos, por animarme), and then what do you mean with going to the States and try?, they are quite big and I don't know what should I do, my first idea was to send some resumes from here vis Internet, is it the best way or not?, What did you do to get your job in UK?, I would be grateful if you answer my doubts, I don't have a clear idea about how is the best way to get a job abroad.

Thank you!!!!!!!! :D

engineers salary in europe

Anyway, we have not heard from any Germans here in the salary survey, any input, I am interested....

Here is some response from Germany:

I am no EDA design engineer (at least: no more). I work in telecommunication market as Quality engineer (Software Testing). My employer is a consulting company, who has about 500 employees in Europe, all specialized in telecommunications and finance service provider market. Typicaly, I work as sub-contractor / consulting engineer at telecommunication vendors, network operators etc.

Professional experience / education: Master degree in Computer Science since 10 Years, but more than 5 years additional professional experience beneath that (I have had my own IT development company before deciding to study)

Salary: gross 80K EUR / year plus overtime premium (I expect 25% overtime working). This would be 100K EUR/year, including 30 days annual paid vacancies. As taxes, health insurance etc are pretty high, there migt be 50%-60% net cash remaining.

average salary for engineers europe

nerd77 ...nice salary
for you to work is a pleasure ...but for me , with 250$/month it's not so easy :cry: ...i will go to germany :wink:

engineers salary in europa

250$ / month - too less for Germany. The monthly rent for my appartment is 470 EUR - and thats really cheap for a 70 qm residence.

Since introduction of EUR, costs have doubled: 10 years ago, i have to pay the same amount in DEM (exchange rate: 1 EUR equ. to 2 DEM)

unfortunately (from my position: fortunately), the market in Germany is very small for that kind of skill I am able to offer and what is requested ... and unemployment rate in Germany is pretty high (12%)

If you have some experience in project management, quality assurance, a well understanding in commercial aspects of your work, and a lot of business contacts, that would help you a little bit to find some adequate work in Germany. Speaking German is necessary, speaking english is also some kind of necessary.

some of my collegues at "my customer" (where I do my consultancy things) work self-employeed. The rate for our kind of work is between 70 and 90 EUR/hour (expect 2000 hours / year you have to work as external contractor). But it tends to go down, the telcos are cutting of the hourly rate continously down to 50-70 EUR / hour

munich salaries

Hi guys,

Yolanda, The States are big as you said, Let's talk about the UK.

When I came here it was easier. I had a look on the web from Spain, found some uk job sites (w-w-w.jobsite.co.uk for example) and put my CV on it. There are more, just have a look.

I got a couple of emails back from a recruitment agency(PM me if you want details, no externally just in edaboard.com, I don't check the external email any more), they had some clients looking for people with my skills. They asked me in what area I was interested for... and they arranged 3 interviews for me. I arrived to UK on the 18th of July and had an interview on the 19 th :) they came and picked me up by car and all that stuff, we all like that :eek: . In C@dence they used to pay even the flight trip, somehow I don't think they do that any more. Don't know!

It's VERY important the language, if you spend your interview with the 'smilie' face of 'IDon'tUnderstandShoitButCarryOnAndI'llKeepSmiling' then things will not go well.

You don't lose anything for putting your CV up there and if you get any phone calls then go for it. It's worth it.

These guys are not bad either:

h**p://www.electronicsweekly.co.uk/

--maestor

infineon salary

Hey Nerd77,

Is it normal to have that salary in Germany, are salaries usually that high.. would you say the highest in Europe by your estimation ?

I would imagine an IC Designer would make quite a bit as well.

Thanks

average salaries in europe

In Sweden more and more jobs are being outsourced to India, China
and former Easter European countries, so we are expecting our
salaries to plummet - and taxation and unemployment to rise radically.

/Rambo (unemployed for 1,5 years, ex-salary of 4500€/mo)

salary engineer belgium

did you say 4500EURO a month ?

WOW.

Well isn't a part of the European Union agreement to let Eastern European countries into the country and outsource jobs to those countries (Poland, Hungary etc) and offset them from high paying places like Germany, France, UK etc...

Outsourcing is not just an American Problem, the European Union I would imagine would love to do it too !

engineer pay europe

After taxes I was left with 2200Euro/mo and my rent was 600Euro/mo,
so I was doing allright, I think. But now I'm living off my savings so I
guess things ballance out in the end...

I don't mind outsourcing to Eastern Europe, as the guys there seem to
me as being very well educated and willing to work hard.
Here I worked with a strange mixture of good people and lazy nutcases.
It goes without saying that we didn't accomplish anything...

It seems that jobs in Sweden in the future will mostly be in the
"McDonald's sector" - but who will make mony to buy the burgers...?

/Rambo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back