Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-parameter impedance matching using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

havanna1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Trying to use the impedance matching utility in ADS with an S-parameter file as the load impedance. However, it keeps giving me an error that the data file is not supported.

I've looked in the help and they state that the S-parameter file must be a S1P Touchstone format which is what I have.

I've also tried the smith chart utility and it gives the same error. I'm able to simulate the S-parameter file and graph the data, but it won't seem to work with these utilities.

Has anyone run into this before and know a way to get it to work?

Thank you.

Trying to use the impedance matching utility in ADS with an S-parameter file as the load impedance. However, it keeps giving me an error that the data file is not supported.

I've looked in the help and they state that the S-parameter file must be a S1P Touchstone format which is what I have.

I've also tried the smith chart utility and it gives the same error. I'm able to simulate the S-parameter file and graph the data, but it won't seem to work with these utilities.

Has anyone run into this before and know a way to get it to work?

Thank you.
I got the same problem in ADS 2008 spice generator although my file is in s1p format it gives error that it should be in snp format which it is, have u found solution. does cst DS
provide the tool to design match using touchstone experts give comments

Open up the .s1p file in your favorite text editor and make sure there are no invalid strings inside. Here's the Touchstone file format specs, for reference. vhdl.org/ibis/connector/touchstone_spec11.pdf

Also, open an S1P/S2P file from some vendor's website and look at the format to help you see what the file should look like. I've used a lot of SnP files with ADS and rarely get errors, if they are properly formatted.

If the file is in a correct s1p-format can Antune impedance matching software probably do what you want. Its main function is to read vector data in real-time from a VNA but it can also import s1p-files.
Alternatively, upload your s1p-file with information about impedance and frequency goal so can I let Antune solve it.

If the file is in a correct s1p-format can Antune impedance matching software probably do what you want. Its main function is to read vector data in real-time from a VNA but it can also import s1p-files.
Alternatively, upload your s1p-file with information about impedance and frequency goal so can I let Antune solve it.

Thanks for ur help. I downloaded antune but cannot install on my PC it give file not found error

Very sorry,
The weekly build had gone wrong and somehow had a file disappeared.
It is now corrected and double checked.
Please try to download **broken link removed** again.
Send me a PM if you want more assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back