Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RTL Compiler does not report timing violation on a path constrained by set_min_delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

phutruan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a purely combo logic circuit and for some reasons, I would like a path, for example, from point A to point B, to have a minimum delay.
So I did something like this "set_min_delay 0.5 -from A -to B"
After synthesizing the design, RTL compiler reports that the delay from point A to point B is unconstrained and less than 0.5.
There is no violations.

Could anyone help me ?

set_min_delay is analog of hold constraint. RC doesn't fix any of hold constraints as it is require to build buffer tree, which will be further deleted by layout tool. Also timing information about required hold delay can be only valid during P&R.
But RC saves created constraints ad pass them to layout tool with wrtie_sdc command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back