Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rpoly2, or rpolyh- when/why is one better than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krivan

rpoly2

Hi,

I have to use a resistor of 20kOhm. In the kit I have rpoly1, rpoly2, rpolyh. The colleagues suggested me to use rpoly2 but the rpolyh semms to be a better solution for me.

Does somebody know when/why is one better than the other?

Thx,
K.

rhpoly

rhpoly has higher sheet resistance compared to rpoly. It will reduce your area requirement and also the parasitic capacitance associated with it.

parasitic capacitor rpolyh

Yes, I know, thanks, but some says that the usage of rpoly2 is more beneficial because it is more precise. However I don't understand why because the uncertainty of the rpolyh is 20%, so as the rpoly2.

So basically the questions is: do I get a resistance around 20kOhm +-20% regardless I use rpoly2, or rpolyh?

rpoly2, or rpolyh?

I think, you should make sure which type resistors are for rpoly1 and rpoly2. Usually, P+_rpo_poly has better voltage&temperature coefficient than N+_rpo_poly resistor.
Maybe, rpoly2 is P+_rpo_poly or not?
You'd better check the characterizatin report of voltage/temerature coefficient, mis-match, etc. This report should be provide by foundry.

Re: rpoly2, or rpolyh?

littlej_zju said:
... Usually, P+_rpo_poly has better voltage&temperature coefficient than N+_rpo_poly resistor.
This is true for TC (both TC1 & TC2), but not for VC1: here N+poly is better.

@krivan: I think the only disadvantage of rpolyh vs. rpoly2 (if your rpoly2 is P+poly) is the (about 10 times) higher TC1. On the other hand: rpolyh's VC1 is 2..3 orders of magnitude (!) less than that of rpoly2 (again: if your rpoly2 is P+poly).

littlej_zju said:
You'd better check the characterization report of voltage/temperature coefficient, mis-match, etc. This report should be provided by foundry.
This is always true ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back