Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF-to-DC Rectifier Problem (SYNOPSYS Cdesigner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poachedpig

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We am currently working on a RF to DC rectifier design in cdesigner tool. We are having problem with our schematic mainly because I am confused with the source that we are using.

Most sources that I have read uses sources which are in dbm (-4 dbm, -10 dbm) , I believe the appropriate source for this is "psin" source. The problem is, we are not sure how to actually use it and what parameters are needed for it to work properly.

Currently we are using "vsin" source and just convert values from dbm to v peak. But I feel like this source did not factor in the 50 Ohm impedance. That's why I'm not very confident with it and seems like very inaccurate especially in getting our PCE.

Help.

I also found out that PSIN and PORT are almost the same. Still I haven't figured out how to use this source type.

Screenshot_1.png

Should I just continue using vsin? Is the 50 Ohm impedance already factored in in this source type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back