Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF PCB design with prtoel

Status
Not open for further replies.

alizadeharand

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody tell me how to design a PCB for UHF band ?

i mean the ruling

Sometimes you get specifications from datasheets of your IC components. otherwise, go with some basics. Isolate high speed lines, by shielding them with pours and stitches of vias. proper ground referencing is a must. shortest trace possible, sometimes i do curve tracks on highspeed. tracelength matching is a must. must do impedance control. if it is really critical and you have the budget, back drill your vias for highspeed, to minimize stubs. seems like you will opt for a rogers material of some sort.

Dear Mr alizadeharand
Hi
At these high frequencies , we will have many specific laws. and they depends on your out put power. describe about your out put power , and impedance ,thus i can help you.
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

my frequency is 450M~900MHz
my output voltage is 1.8V
-------------------------

i have a control voltage as well and i want to filter it's niose

Dear alizadeharand
Again Hi
The filtering at that frequency is very simple. ( because , the noises can not mix with that high frequency completely ) and with a simple filter you can improve that ( for example a combline filter) .( with the lines of your pcb) . and about the out put voltage that , you said , it is important , but not at first step . your power is more important ( because , at plb lines design , you should consider your max power) . ( remember that at the high frequencies , the skin effect has bad effect on characteristics of your circuit.)
Respectfully
Goldsmith

i have a control voltage that is not a high frequency signal. it is dc but i want to eliminate its noise. because this noise is very critical

Hello my friend
At RF frequencies , the DC supply , has , high frequency , current . and it is very important , and unfortunately , it is the reason of some problems , at RF circuits . you should pay attention to that . when i designed a class D amplifier , with 400KHZ carrier frequency , the distance , between the DC voltage , and my mosfets , was not far , but was not very near . and my wave form destroyed , and when i improved my PCB , its behavior , was wonderful. i said , these things , not for fun , i said , them , because , i want to demonstrate , you , that at , the frequencies , lower than your frequency , a simple careless behavior , will destroy , the quality of circuit . Though , what do you thing about your higher frequency?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Reactions: marce

marce

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back