Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF front end design-

Status
Not open for further replies.

shruthi ganesh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed a project using orcad 17.2 software. When I go for fabrication, the pcb designers asking me to convert .brd file to .MAX allegro pcb file or .pcbdoc file. can anyone tell me how to export .brd to .MAX file?? seeking immediate help.

PCB Designer needs Gerber Format only. You've probably sent it as *.brd format. That's why they request in their readable format. You should send it in Gerber format, they will treat..

PCB Designer needs Gerber Format only. You've probably sent it as *.brd format. That's why they request in their readable format. You should send it in Gerber format, they will treat..
Sir they need to do some modifications in my file tats y they asked .max file or .pcbdoc file. Can u tel me how to do it

*.max format is pretty old OrCAD version so translating from *.brd to *.max won't be possible.
Modification on *.brd file can also be done on Gerber format. I don't know any other solution.

You should try using something newer like altium designer. There are many more modern features which streamline generating R274-X Gerber format for this exact purpose.

You have a Cadence Allegro PCB design (schematic and layout, also gerber postprocess)? Now another team wants to modify the design in a different layout tool and is requesting you to generate design files for their tool?

That makes no sense at all. Porting a design to a different tool always involves loss of information and requires manual rework. Modifications of an existing design should be preferably made in the original tool chain. As already mentioned by BigBoss, smaller modifications can be also made with a gerber tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.