Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding xilinx FFT IP core - windowing function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitry07

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello support team,

As per one of the study, I have figure out that frequency estimation is possible by setting the threshold levels on the FFT amplitude values so that it will eliminate the unwanted bin values. Once there is no peak amplitude levels more than the expected bin value, then you can see the continuous same bin value on the ILA.

But when I test the FFT amplitude levels , every time it is different. then I realize that there is also a requirement to apply windowing functions like Hamming/Hanning to narrow down interest of band, once it is done it is possible to see constant amplitudes. is above understanding ok? if yes,please help me with the vhdl code or ip core for the hanning window which can be suitable at the input of xilinx FFT ip core.
Awaited your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back