Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding ADE7878 parameter calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitdpg

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I interface ADE7878 with PIC.(SPI interface). I am able to interface properly and I am get the reading from following register of ADE7878
rms voltage & current
instantaneous voltage & current
reactive power
apperant power
active power

how should I calculate the
POWER
POWER FACTOR
LOAD SHIFT

and how to scale all the above register. My AC input is 1000V/800Amp

Currently I am using Function generator, and giving the I/P of 500mv to all channels

Are you asking how to use the internal functions of the ADE7878 (the datasheet seems to detail everything) or how to interface it with your actual AC line?

IC gives active power, reactive power, V RMS, I RMS. Now I want to calculate POWER Factor, load shift, and power form the values I am getting from ADE7878.
Other question is I am getting the values in the form of count, I want to covert in meaningful value. For that I have to do scaling. My maximum i/p to the ADE7878 is 500mv

Status
Not open for further replies.