Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radiated emission SEPPIC 24W

Status
Not open for further replies.

seridj_mse

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

We have tested our equipment SEPIC DC DC input:9-30V output : 12V/24W (PCB 2LAYER) for CISPR 16 radiated emission limits. The emission result is attached. I have trouble shooted the problem element.

for pics i know its about quartz 50Mhz but the probleme is with renonant , i tried with RC , and RDC snubber but i cant solve probleme

1663863275669.png
1663863302218.png

YES i know , with my probe i have only image of noise and i work to reduce this noise below -40dbm to pass test.

yes of corse it will reduce noise but how i can add this foil in my borad for industrial use and how its cost ....
Typically if screening addresses the issue then production solutions maybe consider a better inductor/transformer with a screen included in the part, a screened box or copper tape over the top of your transformer to 0v by design, or even some ferrite material on the top of the transformer to absorb (& turn to heat) the RF. Yes it comes with a delta cost but the question i'm asking is, is it the cost of compliace if the approach is fixed. I agree they're not attactive propositions to cost targets but switching converters without screening can be a challenge at the best of times. Without knowing the precise proportion of the noise associated with each part you have to try it and make a judgement if the result is significant enough.

Last edited:
HI,

We have tested our equipment SEPIC DC DC input:9-30V output : 12V/24W (PCB 2LAYER) for CISPR 16 radiated emission limits. The emission result is attached. I have trouble shooted the problem element.

for pics i know its about quartz 50Mhz but the probleme is with renonant , i tried with RC , and RDC snubber but i cant solve probleme

View attachment 178636View attachment 178637
Just another Tip & sorry if you already know this. For your Rigol it may be useful to turn off the 10db Attenuation and Switch on the PreAmplifier which will have the positive effect of lowering the noise floor and may make some of the additional frequencies visible. Also has you only seem interested between 30Meg and 1Ghz change your start and stop frequencies to be closer to what you want to look at have make your bandwith smaller you may find the plots will give you more useful data. Oh and also using the dBuV scale in the Rigol will align the scales with your test house, even though the measurements are only relative

Last edited:
Just another Tip & sorry if you already know this. For your Rigol it may be useful to turn off the 10db Attenuation and Switch on the PreAmplifier which will have the positive effect of lowering the noise floor and may make some of the additional frequencies visible. Also has you only seem interested between 30Meg and 1Ghz change your start and stop frequencies to be closer to what you want to look at have make your bandwith smaller you may find the plots will give you more useful data. Oh and also using the dBuV scale in the Rigol will align the scales with your test house, even though the measurements are only relative

ah thanks for information , no i didnt use analyzer before

So the new scope without any change in pcb :

mesure around diode ref B360B.
1666349451505.png

mesure around coupled self.

1666349470595.png

and my last pcb and change ref of diode and add 50R in gate mosfet i have :
1666349547265.png

1666349564888.png

i think -40dbm is equivalent of 67dbuV .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back