Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about PIC software/hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzviel

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
question about PIC

I am just beginning to work with uc.

I have decided to beggin with PIC16F84 because it has a lot of documentation and references.

I need to build and interface between the PIC and the RS-232 connector -I have downloaded some schematics from the web.

and I know I need a software to download the program to the PIC.

is there a connection between the board I build and the software I use ?
do I need to use a paticular hardware to a particular software,or I can use any hardware for any software?

Thanks
Tzviel

question about PIC

You might want to consider using 16f628 as these are now largely replacing the older 16f84s. They are cheaper, twice as much memory and hardware serial port, plus more clock options. Other than this, they are pretty much the same, including pinout. Most cases a drop in replacement, with minor sw changes.

Re: question about PIC

hi

Good u can take up 16f84a or 16f628.
U can try even 16f72 or f73.
As far as documentation is concerned lots of infor is available for PIC over the internet.

U can have a full fledged programmer from

www.picallw.com there the schematics and the software is free.
Try and enjoy programming

Regards
Gopi

tzviel said:
I am just beginning to work with uc.

I have decided to beggin with PIC16F84 because it has a lot of documentation and references.

I need to build and interface between the PIC and the RS-232 connector -I have downloaded some schematics from the web.

and I know I need a software to download the program to the PIC.

is there a connection between the board I build and the software I use ?
do I need to use a paticular hardware to a particular software,or I can use any hardware for any software?

Thanks
Tzviel
well ic-prog is a good program i guess.
the pins of the pic u are giving the information or taking the information is important.u should search how to connect them.so the program u will use will just take or pump the information from r software.lke it can be mscomm in vb,or any other component in delphi or vc++...

Thank you all for your answeres.

I will have to jump in, and just start using the PIC and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Tzviel

question about PIC

You will have to use a specific software for each hardware(Almost).

Ozipic programmer its very easy to construct.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.