saho

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Vera

hehe.

I have some question regarding Synopsys VERA.

How do I execute VERA Testbench? Do I need only software VERA 5.1.1 from Synopsys FTP in order to execute VERA coded testbench? Or, I will need to install Synopsys VCS version xx and VERA 5.1.1 software. please clarify.

Does Synopsys VCS Win-NT 2000.5 has Vera capability? Can someone pinpoint the different between Synopsys VCS and ModelSIM PLUS in terms of language support and debug capabilities. I am a pure VHDL engineer.

SAHO

Re: Vera

You need VERA to compile vera code, then link it with any simulator to run simulation!
as i know, VCS 6.1 or after can support vera! but i do vera with cadence verilog.

the main conern to develope VERA on winNT is not simulator, because VERA compiler only support UNIX/LINUX system!!

aramis

hello aramis:

Do you have any document in linking Vera to Cadence Verilog (I assume it is LDV 3/4/5 on linux).

Please clarify.

SAHO

all your need is in vera pdf document.

saho said:
hello aramis:

Do you have any document in linking Vera to Cadence Verilog (I assume it is LDV 3/4/5 on linux).

Please clarify.

SAHO

Linking Vera to VCS would be much faster & better performance as there is no PLI involved. One can do a direct kernel link with VCS - it's much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…