Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question regarding Synopsys VERA

Status
Not open for further replies.

saho

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Vera

hehe.

I have some question regarding Synopsys VERA.

How do I execute VERA Testbench? Do I need only software VERA 5.1.1 from Synopsys FTP in order to execute VERA coded testbench? Or, I will need to install Synopsys VCS version xx and VERA 5.1.1 software. please clarify.

Does Synopsys VCS Win-NT 2000.5 has Vera capability? Can someone pinpoint the different between Synopsys VCS and ModelSIM PLUS in terms of language support and debug capabilities. I am a pure VHDL engineer.

SAHO

Re: Vera

saho said:
hehe.

I have some question regarding Synopsys VERA.

How do I execute VERA Testbench? Do I need only software VERA 5.1.1 from Synopsys FTP in order to execute VERA coded testbench? Or, I will need to install Synopsys VCS version xx and VERA 5.1.1 software. please clarify.

Does Synopsys VCS Win-NT 2000.5 has Vera capability? Can someone pinpoint the different between Synopsys VCS and ModelSIM PLUS in terms of language support and debug capabilities. I am a pure VHDL engineer.

SAHO

You need VERA to compile vera code, then link it with any simulator to run simulation!
as i know, VCS 6.1 or after can support vera! but i do vera with cadence verilog.

the main conern to develope VERA on winNT is not simulator, because VERA compiler only support UNIX/LINUX system!!

aramis

hello aramis:

Do you have any document in linking Vera to Cadence Verilog (I assume it is LDV 3/4/5 on linux).

Please clarify.

SAHO

all your need is in vera pdf document.

saho said:
hello aramis:

Do you have any document in linking Vera to Cadence Verilog (I assume it is LDV 3/4/5 on linux).

Please clarify.

SAHO

Linking Vera to VCS would be much faster & better performance as there is no PLI involved. One can do a direct kernel link with VCS - it's much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back