Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding negative VCC and diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasTok

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask about some questions which I am not sure of, am I right that the voltage across the RL is -1.25Vdc with a supply voltage of -4.05Vdc with the diodes arranging in such a way?

According to me, simple KVL can give u the answer.
Since each diode has a forward bias drop of 0.7V, the voltage across resistor will simply be Vsource - 4 * 0.7

The picture is a bit misleading but you're right. Diodes are forward-biased so voltage drop is positive from left to right.

vsnute said:
The picture is a bit misleading but you're right. Diodes are forward-biased so voltage drop is positive from left to right.

sorry for the poor illustration... think this one would be a better one... i intent to pump in a negative DC voltage... and hope to achieve a -1.25Vdc at the load...

it seems it will be biase around -1.25 and your KVL wolks good

Status
Not open for further replies.