Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about broadband tee junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

sviodo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf tee junction

I have to make a broadband tee junction however i encounter several problms tweakinng my idea of project. Not only did I use czebyshew transformer but also I was trying to increase bandwith by increasing number of transformer sections. Till now with a tiny sucess.
I was wondering if there is better idea to increase banwith or improved tee junction project :>

--
With Regards,
Sviodo

Re: tee junction

Maybe you need a very good tee. Otherwise multisectin czebyshew transformer is really a good choice. Can you please mention your requirements.

:!: :idea: :?:

sviodo said:
I have to make a broadband tee junction however i encounter several problms tweakinng my idea of project. Not only did I use czebyshew transformer but also I was trying to increase bandwith by increasing number of transformer sections. Till now with a tiny sucess.
I was wondering if there is better idea to increase banwith or improved tee junction project :>

--
With Regards,
Sviodo

Hi Sviodo,

which bandwith at which frequency do you want to have?
What VSWR?
And what dividing ratio? 1:1?

Regards,

Spasomat

My tee junction should operate at 12GHz with bandwidth as good as possible, S11 must be less than -20dB and of course it is 3dB power divider.
BTW it is microstrip sandwich structure.

--
Sviodo

I think your method is good enough. have you chamfered the T junction? Multi section chebychev transformer can be used in both hoizontal or vertical arms. Sometimes the ripples may cross -20 dB due to some other subtrate parameters like dispersion, feed inductance. In that case binomial transfomer can be tried.

:!: :idea: :?:

sviodo said:
My tee junction should operate at 12GHz with bandwidth as good as possible, S11 must be less than -20dB and of course it is 3dB power divider.
BTW it is microstrip sandwich structure.

--
Sviodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back