Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSRR Measurement of Voltage Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anachip

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I would like to know how the PSRR is measured at the output of CMOS Voltage regulator. Please guide me on the method. Where to inject the AC and probe the output. Thanks.

Anachip.

I think you should inject an AC signal at the input of the regulator and see the output. You can gradually increase the AC signal at the input to get a reasonable disturbance at the output. This should be able to determine the Power supply to Output Gain.

hi anachip,

if you r using spectre, you can use the XF analysis, it allow you to small signal analysis from different input sources which with respect to your output.

After run, go to direct plot, and check the XF result.

hope this help

Hello Anachip,
Are you asking this for a simulation or for bench testing?

aryajur said:
Hello Anachip,
Are you asking this for a simulation or for bench testing?

Hi Aryajur,

I'm asking the method for my simulation on eda tools.

Thx

In that case, as suggested above you can do an XF analysis or simply an AC analysis with the input AC in the power supply and then watch the output.

insert signal at the power supply, and test the output. If it is differential circuit, you need to have a mismatch assumption first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back