Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSoC in Wireless sensor node

Status
Not open for further replies.

qusaymmu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
final year project psoc

Hi all,
I am a new designer in PSoC.
I want to design a wireless node that contains analog input signal connected to PSoC microcontroller which should connected by serial max 232 with a Wi-Fi modulator.
Can anyone help me ?

psoc wifi

Have you tried to have a look at the CYFI kit (CY3271) of Cypress? It is the first touch kit for Cypress's Wireless protocol CyFi. Read from the following link:
https://www.cypress.com/?id=1343&
It comes with a PC dongle with a usb interface that can be used as a hub, an RF node and a multifunction sensor card. It basically has a Low power radio transceiver CYRF7936 which is interfaced with PSoC using SPI. The CyFi communication protocol is a star network protocol and utilizes the 2.4 GHz ISM spectrum. You will just need to use the APIs available in the CyFi protocol for your application.

psoc max232

hi there

I did this project last year for my final year project using psoc microcontroller with analog and digtal block. I used wifi modulator to send the wave signal data to a laptop computer using wifi connection , I collected the wave signal using MATLAB GUI interface.I used ADC user module with simpling frequency up to 200KHz. Then convert the digital data to UART form by using C code . if you want more help just email me , :)

project using psoc

anithatg said:
Have you tried to have a look at the CYFI kit (CY3271) of Cypress? It is the first touch kit for Cypress's Wireless protocol CyFi. Read from the following link:
https://www.cypress.com/?id=1343&
It comes with a PC dongle with a usb interface that can be used as a hub, an RF node and a multifunction sensor card. It basically has a Low power radio transceiver CYRF7936 which is interfaced with PSoC using SPI. The CyFi communication protocol is a star network protocol and utilizes the 2.4 GHz ISM spectrum. You will just need to use the APIs available in the CyFi protocol for your application.

Thank you for you advice. However I went through the application notes related to CYFI kit and I think it need some experance to connect it with a vibration sensor and make block interconnection as well as c code. I could not find a good resources to use this kit for a wireless communication so I can order this kit and use it for my project.

Thank you very much for help.

Added after 37 minutes:

PSOCExpert said:
hi there

I did this project last year for my final year project using psoc microcontroller with analog and digtal block. I used wifi modulator to send the wave signal data to a laptop computer using wifi connection , I collected the wave signal using MATLAB GUI interface.I used ADC user module with simpling frequency up to 200KHz. Then convert the digital data to UART form by using C code . if you want more help just email me , :)

Dear PSOCExpert,
Thank you very much for you great reply!:D
It is very nice to hear that from you. The details you said very good and I also tried some of them in my design but I have faced some problems so I want to know some information from you ,if possible ?

- input signal to the PSoC will be 0-5 v which uses as input to ADC user module. Which ADC you used and how you set the 200khz for that ADC (I mean the calculation related to VC1 and VC2).

- To connect send data from ADC to the UART I wrote a simple code just start the ADC and UART and I did not get a good signal so can you tell me please what is a good c code to get the data from ADC and convert it to UART form so I also can see what is the baud rate you used. Also What is the wifi modular you used, as for me I am testing my design by using ACKSYS (WL-DONGLE-OEM) wifi modular.

- The last one which is a very important to me because I still confused in what to use for collecting wifi signal wave so I can analyse the data. Do you have a good resources for using MATLAB GUI interface for collecting wifi signal from laptop.
and what is the important tools you used as I am not very good a matlab.
I will be deeply indebted to you if you could send me any sample of your project like interconnection and c code as I am in a very short time and I want to use PSoC in my design to get a perfect signal. :|

For further communication my email is : qcompcont_eng@yahoo.com

Thank you very much and looking forward to hear from you

serial communication with psoc using matlab

Hi qusaymmu

Thanks for your reply, I went through my project and I found a bit time consuming explaining all the details of the code and the hardware through edaboard form , what am suggesting is we should meet and give you all the software and the hardware with explanation and the report.

PSoCExpert,

Here is my question and perhaps you could help.

I am prgramming in C and I am using PSoC Development Board. I have mulitple analog outputs from position sensors on a robot that output 0-5V depending on position. I need the output of the sensor to input to the PSoC which will then output wirelessly to another PSoC.

I understand that I need to change to digital in order to output wirelessly however I am a little confused how to do this.
Can you please email me and let me know if you could assist with advice and possibly some hints.

Thanks

You need to use an ADC user module to convert the analog signal to digital values and transmit it wirelessly if you have a radio interfaced with the PSoC using SPI.
I am attaching an example code which takes analog input from a pin and converts and displays the data on an LCD.

anithatg said:
You need to use an ADC user module to convert the analog signal to digital values and transmit it wirelessly if you have a radio interfaced with the PSoC using SPI.
I am attaching an example code which takes analog input from a pin and converts and displays the data on an LCD.

Thank you for that.
So once this is converted to digital can I just have it output from a pin in the port to a digital port on my wireless adapter...or do I need to used SPI Module in my code to send via TX?

Creating your own **broken link removed** requires some program for sure. Some fully functional script for program must be figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.