Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JQL said:
blueroomelectronics said:
I find it's easier to install the OS in RS232 mode the first time and then the USB will take care of it automatically.
@blueroomelectronics
and all

ICD2 with 4550 are build on one board, and with USB only, then what we ought to do ?

Thanks for your reply.

JQL 2007.07.20

That's why I split the boards in my design. The RS232 version works just as well as the USB version but it's slightly slower, I've also added a 1A 7805 to power your targets. You can also split my version if you want to play with LCDs / GLCDs, keypads, I2C & RS485 (Unicorn)

No doubt the all in one boards are more compact and some have the 3.3V buffers. You'll have to ask the board designer of your version what they did to get it working.

Gonzakpo said:
I've found a program called "Eagle Legalizer" that (theorically) fixes those files. I tried it out with MPi files and It worked but there's no certainty that the output file is the same as the original. What I mean is that the program can change something in the board while trying to "fix" the file.

Gonzakpo said:
Well, MPi wrote me an email.
He sent me the files again but "fixed". Aparently he used the same program that I mentioned before (eagle legalizer) instead of using another version of Eagle. I hope the schematic and the board remain as the original.

Gonza

Thank you for your post that give me a key__Eagle Legalizer.

Eagle Legalizer is useful.
It fix SCH and BRD file. But it merely changes something of the file header, and size, date and time of the file is not changed. So that the output file is same as the original.
These are the outcome of the test of mine.

Regards
JQL 2007.07.20

Men...
I have problems with my ICD2 clone and MPLAB 7.6, it reads and verify very well, but can't programming and can't erase target device....API framing error...how can i make to work??

60_1184963291.gif

Thak you

terka said:
Men...
I have problems with my ICD2 clone and MPLAB 7.6, it reads and verify very well, but can't programming and can't erase target device....API framing error...how can i make to work??

60_1184963291.gif

Thak you

The most comun problem is in the cable length betwen your PIC and your ICD2", use small length the most close possible.
Problem solved :D

Hi
I have a leght cable of 10 cm...I don't know if it's a lack of capacitor in data & clcok lines, or a oscillator problem....very strange behavior..

=========================

Well. after i made a few test, I found than:

1.- Before programming, erase device
2.- Verify target device is blank
3.- Read device
4.- Verify target device
5.- PROGRAM...

If I try to programm device without previous step, ICD2 says "FRAMING ERROR"...

With this I am testing to programm devices...

MPLAB 6.7 have problems, instead, I am using MPLAB 7.0, and its working fine...

I will say you more data after...

64_1185557585.gif

Bye

Have some one the options to configure winpic in order to program the 18F4550 ?

Some screen capture or so... there're many options...

18 Jul 2007 15:29 Re: Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all!

I find many times that PIC18F4550's contents have been rewritten, the ICD2.5 has become a "Unknown Device".
Do you know that what is the reason.

Thanks for your reply.

JQL 2007.07.18

1) Thank you for all the work on this forum.. It's great.

2) I finish to make the potyo2 and it works well !
Well except what JQL says...

I had the reprogram the 4550 two times. Any idea why ?

3) LED1 from RC1. What is supposed to show ?

Thank you.

alunaro said:
Have some one the options to configure winpic in order to program the 18F4550 ?

Some screen capture or so... there're many options...

Just so!

5z24io7.jpg

My ICD2 doesn't work ,So I soldered only Pic18F4550 whith quartz on another board to see if PC can recognize 4550.But nothing happened .Is it normal?

Sorry for my poor English.

Here is my demo sch.

Now I settle the problem.I re-install Mplab and install the drivers,then the PC recognize my icd2,Because the first time PC meet error with ICD2 ,next times PC never recognize ICD2,things happened as if the PCB board was bad.
Now, a new problem came out as follows the same as two weeks ago.

I'm tired now,it seems that 877a does't work.The Vpp is ok,and I test the quartz all right .Anybody helps me?

Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
ICDWarn0054: MPLAB IDE has lost communications with the MPLAB ICD 2. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
ICD0286: Unable to communicate with ICD
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Thx for your answer.

The problem was a simple soldering error on one of the ICD2 PIC pins. I resoldered the TQFP packages and now it works. (This damm error costs a few days. Everytime i measured the signals, the error was not noticeable. In the end i thought that the impedance of the oscilloscope was influencing, but it wasn't)

I tried to use external power too, with no result. Now I can debug with USB supply with about 450mA current without any problem. Isn't 500mA the maximum ?

Hi.

I have to reprogram again the PIC18F4550 because I did unplug and replug with MPLAB open.

Do someone know how to fix that ? ( I've got the potyo2 )

I've got an original ICD2 it doesn't have the problem. I can plug and unplug with no problem.

Please help on that.

On the potyo2, LED1 from RC1. What is supposed to show ?

Thank you again.

louis99
the answers off your questions is in this thread. don't be so LAZY and read you will learn a lot!
about 18F4550 corruption look my post here

best regards
stroma

Still working through the whole thread, I'm probably going to mix and match everyone's ideas, will post schematics here when I'm done.

MPI

Those options are radically different from others that i saw in this thread.
I'll try later. At the moment, my ICD2 clone doesn't work. It not enumerates when attached to PC...

Thanks.

Hi all,
sorry for my english :(

I'm not a newbie, I have build many PCB, but with the ICD2 PiCS REV B PCB I have found many problems :cry:!!

The holes are too small, the Pic socket do not coincide with the holes, the wides are too much near.
I have perforate the PCB with a 0.8mm drill.

Someone has a PCB with holes and wides much large?

Thanks all for the help and sorry, another time, for my english!

Hello

I re-made the PICS' pcb (rev B) increasing width of tracks, hole sizes, ...
It's in Eagle format. Can find all files (shematic, pcb layout and pdf files) in next thread:

Don't forget to use the rasnet command to connect gnd plane.

alunaro said:

Thanks alumaro.
I will try your PCB (bottom.pdf)...I hope that there aren't errors :D:D:D

One question:
Why you have inverted the RJ12 pins?

I have modified the board, instead of the RJ12 I have put 6 jumpers ;)

Thanks

Such pins are inverted because the Rj12 connector that i found in my city uses that footprint xDD

I have checked the pcb layout sometimes and didn't found any error. Anyway i have build it and now trying to debug xDDD

By now, only green led works (power) and this evening yellow (usb busy), blinked.
No sounds when connect to pc... I'll have to read once more time all threads til find the solution : /

CU

Added after 53 minutes:

Hi

I can confirm that pcb is OK.
I just fixed some issues and ICD2 is working (at least partially, because i haven't the ICSP cable and couldn't test to program a pic):

81_1185820127.png

1st, i had a wrong bootloader for 877
2nd, the 4550 bootloader becomed corrupt in hard disc :)?!?!??!). Unziped it again.
3rd, i didn't follow the steps to download ICD2 SO

But i took care some time ago of writing all problems and solutions in threads in a
document xD because searching in threads is... hard. And I just save 90% of time :D

Only 1 detail: mplab doesn't recognize it if disconnect and re-connect.

Let's make ICSP cable :D :D :D

louis99
the answers off your questions is in this thread. don't be so LAZY and read you will learn a lot!
about 18F4550 corruption look my post here

best regards
stroma

Stroma , thank you for the friendly attitude...but what do you think ?
I already spend a few days throu the forum before asking this questions.
And I'm not the only one. Sorry, there are 1300 post so it's not easy especially when English is not the mother tongue.

I check the post you gave me and it doesn't help.
1) I use MPLAB 7.6 and not 7.4 but I don't think it's related.
2) The configuration bit is correct and respect the "Table write protect boot" Disable.

Now, when I plug the ICD2 clone , windows doesn't reconize it.
When I plug and unplug and plug the ICD2 original, no PB.

When the ICD2 is screw, it permanently and the only way is to reprogram the 18F4550.
Does someone have more informations about that ?
I don't think it's a XP driver because I can plug the original ICD2 with no problems after a clone defective and, without restart XP..

By the way, I'm not the only one :

JQL said:
Hi to all!

I find many times that PIC18F4550's contents have been rewritten, the ICD2.5 has become a "Unknown Device".
Do you know that what is the reason.

Thanks for your reply.

JQL 2007.07.18

and JQL didn't have answer.

So does someone have the answer in 2 sentences ?

Does someone clearely know what LED1 from RC1 is supposed to show ?

Thank you and sorry for my poor English.

Best regards Louis.

I need to program a dsp33fxx, wich icd2 should I made? potyo1 or potyo2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back