Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
avogaster said:
I need to program a dsp33fxx, wich icd2 should I made? potyo1 or potyo2?
both programm dsp33 (potyo1 or potyo2)

alunaro said:
I can confirm that pcb is OK.

Greatttt :D
Have you seen my little mod to the board?
In your opinion, it's ok? :D

Thanks alunaro :D

Jumpers are ok. This f*ckn RJ12 connector will make me crazy. I just found the male connector... but cables that i have are too wide or rigid.. or... anything to f*ck me xD

Using jumpers is ok and easier. Therefore I would use some 6 pins connector to avoid invert it when attach the cable.

Hello everyone. I'm writing to inform that I'm redesigning potyo's latest ICD2 pcb (potyo2-rev1) using Altium (latest protel). I'll post it here once I finish.

Just to be sure.... Should I take any other consideration while designing the PCB apart from placing the capacitors near the ICs suplies and the oscillator near the pics?

Ahh, I changed the RJ12 with a RJ45 which is A LOT easier to get.

Regards,
Gonza

One question :D

Can I use 22K ohm resistors instead the 20K ohm resistors?
And can I use 1 ohm resistor instead the 0.47 ohm resistor?

In my city it's hard (impossible) to find a 0.47 and 20K ohm resistor :(

Thanks a lot.

I don't know about which ICD2 are you talking about, but... if haven't 0.47ohm could use two 1 ohm resistor in parallel (0.50 ohm result).

About 20K... don't know. where it's used? Just can try and test.

Kova said:
Can I use 22K ohm resistors instead the 20K ohm resistors?

Yes, without any problem.

Kova said:
And can I use 1 ohm resistor instead the 0.47 ohm resistor?

Surely not, this resistor is used to set the current limit of the MC34063, if you use 1 ohm one the output voltage would fall when a load will be connected to the MC's output ( i.e. The PIC's MCLR in programming mode ).

If you can't find any 0.47 ohm resistors, you can use two 1 ohm resistors connected in parallell.

Have a great day,

alunaro said:
About 20K... don't know. where it's used? Just can try and test.

R1, R20, R21, R22, R24 ;)

manu said:
Yes, without any problem. .

Thanks but I have made some calculation :D
In the MC34063A there is a formula:
Vout= 1.25*(1+R2/R1)

In the original scheme:
R2 = 20K
R1 = 2.2K
Then:
Vout=12.5V (Vpp)

If I put a R2=22K the Vpp will be 13.75V :cry:
I hate this IC :D

Thanks for the help ;)

Then use 2x10K resistors in serial, could put them in vertical saving space and re-using the existing holes for 1 unique resistor. It is not nice but... works xD

alunaro said:
Then use 2x10K resistors in serial, could put them in vertical saving space and re-using the existing holes for 1 unique resistor. It is not nice but... works xD

I have builded your scheme...but it seems that it doesnt work :(

All solders are ok.
On the MC34 there is a 12.5V
On the PICs there are 5V

I have flashed the 877A and 4550 with the firmwares included in the ICD2_Clone_4550_-_PiCS.zip file

When I'm connecting to the ICD2, WINXP recognize the device and install the driver...OK (in the System setting there is the label "Microchip.....Client").

Then I open the MPLAB IDE 7.52:
-Select Programmer--->Mplab ICD2
-Programmer--->Connect

This is the log:
Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
ICDWarn0054: MPLAB IDE has lost communications with the MPLAB ICD 2. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
ICD0286: Unable to communicate with ICD
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

But there is a strange fact:
When i put a finger on the first pin on 4550 (MCLR) the "USB Led" flash (ON to OFF and OFF to ON) :|

Then I have re-flashed the PIC 4550 firmware with MCLRE flag disable.
I have reconnected and the USB Led stopped to flash but ICD2 lost communications and it doesnt work :(

Why MCLR is not connected to VCC with a 10K ohm?

The solders are all ok...I'm sure!
All components seems to be ok :(

PLEASE HELP ME :cry:

Edit:
I have solder a 10Kohm resistor to 4550 MCLR and it seems work ;)
Guys for you work?
This is a picture:
**broken link removed**

I can't try the ICD because I haven't still made the icsp cable :D

One question:
I have selected a 18F2550 pic (I hope that it has 0x92 id :)), if I select a 16F877 PIC Mplab ask me to flash a new firmware...Is it normal?
I have click ok and i have made the flash but the icd it's crashed and I have re-flashed the pics with my external programmer :( :(.

Thanks for all ;)

Hi
In PICS rev B i see than pin 14 of 877A is not connected to pin 14 of 4550...is that correct?...i mean if can i connect 13 with 13 and 14 with 14..

I having framing errors in mplab...

I have 16F877A-I/P...i read about this PIC is 10 MHz operating....instead, 16F877A-20/P
is 20 MHz...could it be a possible this situation is afecting me ???

Thank you..

Bye

Works!!
Sometimes the ICD2 crash but (IMHO) it's normal :D

PLEASE somebody puts a 10Kohm resistor to 18F4550 MCLR line in the original scheme! !!!

Thanks all ;)

Bye

alunaro said:
MPI

Those options are radically different from others that i saw in this thread.
I'll try later. ...

Yes, but the ICD works with these perfectly. The **broken link removed** is from potyo's **broken link removed**.

thanks folks.
if potyo1 and potyo2 can be used to program a
dspic33f, which are the differences between them?
Another question:

I suppose that I can´t use the icd2 clone to power the board with the micro
due to the 3.3 v that the micro needs, so I have to power it with an independient
power supply, tied the gnd to the same point. Is this correct?

Hi all,
I'm reading many posts about the PICs Rev B modification for force it to works with DSPIc and 24 pics!

Nobody has bulid a little adapter?
Yes, an adapter between the ICSP PiCS board and the Target board :D
I have understood that in order to make to work a DSPIC or 24F pic, it's necessary a 3.3V, right?

Then Potyo has put in its scheme this IC: 74LS07N, 74HC126, 74HCT125, 74HC4066 in order to adapt the signals.

Is it possible to put these "mods" in a detached pcb?
Like this:
**broken link removed**

Thanks a lot ;)

Is it possible that my icd2 works only with mplab 7.52? :|

I have installed the 7.60 version and Mplab ask me to update the OS!
I have clicked: YES!
The bar on the bottom-left say downloading in progress and the download never finish :( (i have patiented 10 min :().

The same thing with the 7.61 version

With 7.52 works perfectly :(.

I'm using PiCS B version :(

Is it possible to put these "mods" in a detached pcb?

Yes, I made one based on info I gather from this forum. Check the attached. You need to somehow derived 5v from PiCs RevB to VCC of this pcb. I've only tried using it to debug for a little while, but I use it mostly for programming. I'm using MPLAB7.61

Well, I've finished designing potyo's latest ICD2 in Altium.

Probably this week I'll do the PCB. If it works OK, I'll post it for everyone. The layout of the PCB is almost the same as potyo's eagle version but with minor modifications.

I hope it works.

Regards,
Gonza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back