Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I am trying to build the potyo2 icd. I am having a hard time finding L1, a 170uH inductor. None of my local stores stock them, i could order online but i was wondering whether a 180uH or a 150uH one would work?

Ta,
Mitch

So you haven't read the topic. Read it, and you will find the answer...

Read 45 pages or ask a harmless question..

Hmm.

Anyhow, dont worry..

Hola amigos del foro..como ya es sabido el sistema operativo windows vista ya se esta volviendo popular y bueno es el que estoy utilizando en mi pc..quisiera saber si los drivers que trae el mplab son compatibles con windows vista y si se puede debugear bien y programar con el icd2clone con windows vista?

m1tch37 said:
Hey,

I am trying to build the potyo2 icd. I am having a hard time finding L1, a 170uH inductor. None of my local stores stock them, i could order online but i was wondering whether a 180uH or a 150uH one would work?

Ta,
Mitch

Eagle schematic of ICD2 (PICs(B))

Hi

I wanted to build the PICs(B) icd2, but the components that i can find in my city, do not fit in the design.
Like i was not able to find some eagle/protel... file with PICs(B) shc to be modified, and pdfs are not too much user-friendly to be modified, i decided create the schematic.

The shc is derivated from original PICs(B) with minor modifications:

- Inductor L2 is smaller because is easier to find here. I used the package of a 5 mm resistor, because the pads of inductors fit with it. Real size is a rectangle of
10x5mm. Sorry but was tired to draw a new variant for the symbol :D
- For the RJ12 connector... the same xD I found some post of ppl with same connector than i have and, it doesn't fit in PICs' original.
- Pcb has a ground plane
- I resize all tracks and pads to be more user-friendly, i mean, easier to be etched and drilled at home. The dark side is that size of pcb has increased a litle.

- Sch isn' too much nice, but... well til 1 week ago i wasn't got used to using it, and haven't too much time to spend on it.

Anyway you have the files to modify if needed.

Ah, I revised the electical connections twice... but... you know, humans can fail 1, 2.. and 1000 times. Report any error if find it please.

Thx to PICs and rest of ppl for your great work.

85_1183410943.png

Modfied potyo's ICD2

Potyo2 rev1
Potyo did some modifications on his ICD2. Here is my redesigned board. (The previous variant visible ).

5z20dvb.jpg

More people asked me what kind of program did I use for 3D pcb.
This is the by Matthias Weißer.

This is a working copy by Stadi from www.hobbielektronika.hu. :D
66wqesk.jpg

Hi

An advise about drilling the pcb: if it's going to be made by hand, drills should be reduced to 0.2 mm (8 mil) of diameter to help center the drilling tool.

Use the "drill-aid.ulp" script of eagle to achieve it: in eagle command line "run drill-aid" and set the desired diameter (don't forget set the layer 116 when printing the pcb)

CU.

jankop said:
But is problem with Vdd controll for ISP. Pin 1RA4 from 16F877 is open drain, but in design is't pullup resistor. Is minimal possibly complement pullup resistor to 1RA4, else switch Q1/Vdd is't goes to regular off state and ISP circuit is powered sometimes, when it has by off.
I have build potyo1, but potyo2 and potyo2- modifi have the same problem.

jankop said:
jankop said:
But is problem with Vdd controll for ISP. Pin 1RA4 from 16F877 is open drain, but in design is't pullup resistor. Is minimal possibly complement pullup resistor to 1RA4, else switch Q1/Vdd is't goes to regular off state and ISP circuit is powered sometimes, when it has by off.
The modified board is equipped with this resistor. I think, it is not a too big problem to solder one resistor on the old boards...

jankop said:
jankop said:
Look at the pdf file better! The resistor is there.

63seec0.jpg
4uy3ody.jpg

Wow, it is great! I have only one modification now.

Sorry! I found mistakes in my schematic and board.
1. I connected IC5 power to Vpp, but it need to connect to Vdd.
2. The Vdd and the 1RA0 cross each other on the board.
68kz7v9.jpg

I upload corrected files again.

Hello people,

I have a problem with ICD2's clones, I built two ICD2 (potyo), one ICD2 worked well during above 2 weeks. Then when day appears the problem MCLR Vpp ->High.
The other ICD2 that I built, fails because of MCLR Vpp is Low.
What can I do to solve it? May I have to change some components?

Lots of thanks!

To Potyo:
Do you have got the ICD2 by Protel, Could you give me ?
Anybody know ? Could you tell me ? Thank !

@MPi

Hey man, thank you for your work. I'm about to build the ICD2 and I've already bought all the IC's. I think I'm going to use your last version of the potyos but I have a problem. I can't open the files you uploaded. When I'm trying to open it eagle says: "Load Error 295" and also says somthing that the file was saved using an illegal copy of eagle. So, I'm asking you, is your copy of eagle original? If not (I don't care really, don't worry), could you try to re download the program and apply another crack or serial?

Well, thats all. Maybe It's my fault. Really don't know...

Cheers,
Gonza

Gonzakpo said:
@MPi

Hey man, thank you for your work. I'm about to build the ICD2 and I've already bought all the IC's. I think I'm going to use your last version of the potyos but I have a problem. I can't open the files you uploaded. When I'm trying to open it eagle says: "Load Error 205" and also says somthing that the file was saved using an illegal copy of eagle. So, I'm asking you, is your copy of eagle original? If not (I don't care really, don't worry), could you try to re download the program and apply another fix or serial?

Well, thats all. Maybe It's my fault. Really don't know...

Cheers,
Gonza
Same is the case with "alunaro's" files. Cant open it with eagle. Getting same load error [:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back